WAMPSERVER optimization running Burning Board 4.1 on it

• I'm looking for a few tips from people in the know who have run Burning Board on WampServer. Are there any Apache or PHP modules I should consider activating to speed things up with Burning Board 4.1 installed. Any other tweaks to PHP.ini file e.t.c?

• I doubt there is a lot you can tweak there, after all packages like WAMP or XAMPP are built with a maximum of flexibility in mind. Neither is their default setup sufficiently secure to run them on production servers, nor do they aim for good performance. To put it in perspective, they're designed to provide less experienced developers an easy start without worrying of setting up everything (which can be a real pain).

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• I'm not looking to get it running mega fast, just if maybe anything I've overlooked could be used with WAMP for it. It runs OK as is, was just looking to maybe tweak things a little more.

I already upped memory limit to 256 from 128 in PHP.ini, and have installed ImageMagick and the DLL file added to WAMP plus extention added to INI - using that as well now with WBB on it. Checked max upload limit in INI and that's fine already set default at 64mb. All the modules you have listed as needed in the WBB 4 manual are there used as well

• There are two things you could potentially tweak:

• Check if the opcache extension is loaded and enabled, it greatly speeds up PHP execution
    • Edit MySQL's my.ini and set innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=2 which will decrease the disk I/O when adding/updating stuff in the database (less write operations, significant speed up with non-SSD drive)

Alexander Ebert

• Here the My.ini section that as it is now.

So I need remove the # to enable that line and change it to 2, yes. Anything else there that could be improved. I am running WampServer 64bit and not 32bit

• Check if the opcache extension is loaded and enabled, it greatly speeds up PHP execution

That was disabled as a PHP extension. I just enabled it now but when enabled it list an error log entry in PHP error log TXT file and says enable it via zend opcache in PHP.INI. Looking for entries in PHP.ini for it I see this.

• Replace ;opcache.enable=0 with opcache.enable=1 and restart PHP (if run as Apache module, restart Apache) afterwards.

Alexander Ebert

• Done that.

I have noticed though in My.ini file if I change this line #innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit = 1 to this innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit = 2 and save changes. Restart WAMP and all services. It still says it should be changed in Admin CP from 1 to 2?

This how I have it now.

Can't add the code to code box, it won't post it in the topic when trying to save code box

# Uncomment the following if you are using InnoDB tables
    #innodb_data_home_dir = C:\mysql\data/
    #innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:10M:autoextend
    #innodb_log_group_home_dir = C:\mysql\data/
    #innodb_log_arch_dir = C:\mysql\data/
    # You can set .._buffer_pool_size up to 50 - 80 %
    # of RAM but beware of setting memory usage too high
    #innodb_buffer_pool_size = 16M
    #innodb_additional_mem_pool_size = 2M
    # Set .._log_file_size to 25 % of buffer pool size
    #innodb_log_file_size = 5M
    #innodb_log_buffer_size = 8M