How do I merge two existing WBB forums into one?

• Cause it's pointing at old domain name for style stuff probably lol. Same with logos / image paths. It's why I search database for old domain name and then change most things to new domain name / path. clear out public_html/wcf/cache/ folder except .htaccess file, clear browser cache, rebuild data, flushdns in windows 7, bang on side of it with hammer, force fuck it anally telling it to call you big daddy, etc.

Edited once, last by Smooey ().

• Will it even matter if the style from the imported forum is messed up? I won't be using the style from the imported forum after they are merged.

• Styles shouldn't matter either, as in other screen shot of importer... you're really only importing the main content, users, attachments, etc . But if wanting style fixed, probably have to change domain for that under style table in database too. But I'd just get site up enough to import from it and then scrap it all once data is gotten.

• You might have to edit the database itself and search for old domain and replace it with new one (in all places, even thread URLS). Also delete all cache files except htaccess one I think. In database also the old domain might be listed for cookie as well that needs changing. Search DB for olddomain.com and replace with newdomain.com. You can use Search and Replace to help you do it a little faster so your not manually typing anything (but don't do a search and replace on all in one go). Check what is being replaced one at a time using it. Also bear in mind if it should be using HTTPS and not HTTP

When I install WBB on locahost WAMP and then move it to a live server, that is what I do first and it installs no problem. Not sure sure also if you need edit config settings file in WBB/ folder as and change domain in that listed as well.

Not sure now, but you might also have to change some listed things in that which refers to server DB settings and domain. Another thing, if he was using a shared host, then think you need edit db path in DB also as it will have his shared account listed before DB name (I think somewhere) like "cpanelname_database". Which you won't have that prefix on VPS for DB created I don't think.

Just some things you need consider there

• It looks like I was able to merge my test site with the content from Adminition :) The only issue I see after the merge is avatars are missing from users who didn't use Gravatar. I guess I can live with that :)

• If I have the forum that I will be importing in folder named "dummy" and that folder is in my root directory, what should my path be here in order to import avatars from the new forum?

If I don't import the avatars with everything else at first, can they be imported later?

• If I have the forum that I will be importing in folder named "dummy" and that folder is in my root directory, what should my path be here in order to import avatars from the new forum?

Enter the absolute path to the location of the source forum, ideally use the path to the wcf folder as it prevents the importer from having to guess it.

If I don't import the avatars with everything else at first, can they be imported later?

That's not possible.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• Enter the absolute path to the location of the source forum, ideally use the path to the  wcf folder as it prevents the importer from having to guess it.

So it would be home/mysite/public_html/dummy/wcf or just home/mysite/public_html/dummy?

• If the first path resolves to the actual WCF installation directory (which is the case by default), then use this one.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• One thing I noticed after merging the two forum is that quoted post links from the imported forum are now broken. Is there any way to fix this or was there something that could have been done to avoid it?

• That's the problem with the changed IDs of your threads etc...
    As far as i know there is currently no solution, you can change the url, but the links will all go to the wrong threads.