Is there an option to export mods you have installed

• When you upload a mod that gets extracted and installed from being a GZIP file. Is there any option in WBB Admin CP to export the mod to your hard drive, if lets say you wanted to make further changes to the mod and install it again.

I'm not seeing any option to export a mod that I have installed. Which means if I didn't keep a copy of the mod "changed" and uploaded originally (which I didn't keep a copy of it), then I've lost all my changes because I can't export it from the board to my hard drive with the previous changes made intact.

• I don't believe there's options for this yet, but it's one thing I was thinking about lately and it would be nice to have! Currently I have to make changes myself on hard drive then rezip it or whatever and install it, and always keep backups of plugins (to latest current dates on hard drive). Hopefully someone makes plugin for it, but I'm not sure it's possible either. Currently there's this, but it's not what you're asking for.

woltlab.com/pluginstore/file/2187/
  • Hello GTB,

I am currently developing a plugin which has among many other things the function to export (packages. You can find a german description here. The first beta version will start march and the exporter might be available at the end of march (with a charge).

• I am currently developing a plugin which has among many other things the function to export (packages. You can find a german description here. The first beta version will start march and the exporter might be available at the end of march (with a charge).

Nice! So premium plugin right off bat, smaller charge or higher charge? Might get it then when I have some funds rounded up in future. But currently there's few update accesses I need get for more important plugins, which needs come first.

• The basic version for non-commercial usage will cost around 20 to 40€. But as I already said, the export functionality is only a small part of the project. If you only want to export that one package once and then probably never use it again, I am sure we will find a solution we find both rational and fair.

• The basic version for non-commercial usage will cost around 20 to 40€. But as I already said, the export functionality is only a small part of the project. If you only want to export that one package once and then probably never use it again, I am sure we will find a solution we find both rational and fair.

Oh okay, and not bad price range though either way. :thumbup: For me, if I were to get it, it would be for full usage not just one time deal of course lol. Looking forward to it's release though. :)

• I meant a one time usage of the exporter. Not a one time usage of the exported plugin.

Oh okay, that's still good regardless though. There's times I forget if I have latest copies of my plugins installed or not, and or might some how delete them from hard drive by accident and always thought how nice it would be to just extract/export the plugins from the site itself (because usually the "latest versions" are installed, always install latest versions of my plugins), then would have "latest copies" downloaded to computer again. :)

• It is necessary to note at this point that the "Project Manager" and the "Project Manager: Exporter" are intended for another use. It is directed at developers. The developer can create and update his plugins with the Project Manager and when the work is done he can export his package with the Exporter. The Project Manager provides all informationen the Exporter needs. If you use the Exporter to export a package which was not created with the Project Manager then there are cases the plugin cannot be exported correctly.

A small example: Plugins can have an installation directive to run a PHP script once and then delete that one-time PHP file. If you try to export that plugin, the Exporter has no way to know anything about that PHP file. Therefore it will be missing when you try to install the plugin from the exported version. In the normal use case the Project Manager would provide that PHP file for the Exporter.

Using the Exporter to get lost packages back can work, but is clearly out of the regular scope. I can support you at this task, but I can not give any guarantees beforehand.

• Super nice feature and plugin you're making then, will be very helpful and useful! My plugins don't currently use database queries, php etc, just basic language files, template.tpl file, options.xml, maybe some js within tpl file etc. But if can add more language files to it after your plugin is installed it would be awesome. Some do translations of my plugins and send me the language files, then I always add them, and rezip the plugins up and install them fresh. If can install/add more language files with your project manager it would be nice.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!