New members not getting activation emails.

• I have some new signups that contact me saying that they aren't getting an activation email. I have "Approval through email confirmation" selected in ACP / Options / Users / Registration. Yet they aren't getting any.

It's not an isolated case. I've had 4-5 people mentioning it.

Anyone has any ideas on why? Or how to fix it?

• I have some new signups that contact me saying that they aren't getting an activation email. I have "Approval through email confirmation" selected in ACP / Options / Users / Registration. Yet they aren't getting any.

It's not an isolated case. I've had 4-5 people mentioning it.

Anyone has any ideas on why? Or how to fix it?

I believe it has to do with the settings you have made (or have yet to make) in: Options>General>Emails
    There are several settings in that section that have to be made correctly otherwise it will give the result you have mentioned.

One of the settings: "Send Method" has three boxes therein - and two of them are PHP and SMTP.
    Depending on what type of mail server you are using in conjunction with your Hosting Provider, ONE os those two has to be set (checked).
    For me I had to check PHP even though Woltlab told me to use SMTP.
    So you should go to that section and try checking each, one a time, and make some "tests".

DJ

Edited 2 times, last by Ruff Seas ().