Is there a way to limit the amount of media tags in a post?

• Hello

I want to know if there is a way I can limit the amount of media tags users can use in a post. I have a users posting at least 50 youtube videos in one post. I'm sure you can imagine how much a persons browser appreciates that. I'm not sure if its intentional or not as they're a new user, so even if I can get them to stop I would like to know if there is a way I can prevent it in the future.

Thanks

• I'm not exactly sure there is an ability to limit bbcodes per post, and if I remember right, adam brought up before the concern about users possibly abusing the spoiler tags. I'm not certain either, if attachments per post (control) under each usergroup would limit such things either? Like each user group can have set amount of attachments per post under "messages". But I don't think bbcodes are considered "attachments", but I could be wrong.

But if you tried the user group route, just remember I think to make "everyone" = 5 attachments per post. and "users" = 10 to 20 attachments per post. But even then, it's possibly allowing them to do 20 videos a post lol. But again, I don't think attachments per post is right setting for it.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Smooey (26. Januar 2016 um 19:32)

• It's very frustrating one post with 50 YouTube embeds will cause your browser grief and mobile/iPads especially. My iPad wouldn't load it and gave me an error. I had to delete the tags one by one, I quickly found out they're automatically detected as they were just put back after I submitted. So I had to do it all over again then go to more options and turn off automatically detect links which worked! But you have to remember whenever you edit that post again to turn off automatically detect links again or you're back at square one. I found out the hard way!

• I'm not sure that would be possible, maybe you could add it to your forum rules, unfortunately that won't stop trolls

My styles and plugins in the Plugin-Store.

Spoiler anzeigen

— ¡Carajo! —gritó

Amaranta, que empezaba a meter la ropa en el baúl, creyó que la había picado un alacrán.

— ¿Dónde está? —preguntó alarmada.

—¿Qué?

— ¡El animal!

Úrsula se puso un dedo en el corazón.

— Aquí —dijo.

♪Quiero robarle los minutos a las horas pa' que mis padres nunca se me pongan viejos...♫

• I can imagine how bad it is, just from what I got from Alex is were stuck having to deal with it ourselves atm, unless it's possible to handle it with a plugin / request a plugin for it.

Zitat

Neither the amount of bbcodes nor their nesting level is limited, at least not until they hit the maximum length of a message. Besides that there aren't any plans to integrate such a restriction with future versions, we're building forum softwares for almost 15 years and it was never required at all.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Smooey (26. Januar 2016 um 19:26)

• Hello

I want to know if there is a way I can limit the amount of media tags users can use in a post. I have a users posting at least 50 youtube videos in one post. I'm sure you can imagine how much a persons browser appreciates that. I'm not sure if its intentional or not as they're a new user, so even if I can get them to stop I would like to know if there is a way I can prevent it in the future.

Thanks

May I ask you a couple of questions about this problem?

FIRST: You mentioned this problem stems from "users". Is that "users" as in "Visitors" to your site who just "registered" so he/she can make a post on your forum? OR, is this individual an actual, fully Registered Member?
    If the latter, you would be wise to give that individual a warning - and if he/she repeats the "abuse", delete him / her AND Blacklist the individual.

SECONDLY: If it is true - from what I have read of the persons who responded to your question here - that there is NO actual way of limiting
    the amount of Media Tags, you can of course set your forum permissions (and Member Registration permissions) to cut down on this "abuse".

I had a similar problem with my website / forum that you are facing presently. I decided it wasn't worth the hassle of dealing with the Flooding some individuals seem hell bent on making with forums; so I made my forum a Membership Only Forum as well as setting STRICT permissions
    with regards to "Visitors" (or Guests as some call them).

DJ

• No, exaggeration, they also linked to large images aswell.

I understand it hasn't happened for 15 years but neither has been embedding YouTube videos.

This person is relatively new, so I guess time will tell but I can't assume they're trolling. They do understand the problem so hopefully it won't be an issue again.

But obviously if you wanted to troll that would be a good way to do it especially to stop people on mobile devices in their tracks.

Forums been pretty spam free to date but it's starting to happen again where someone repeatedly make accounts and post spam one after the other. It's ok when I'm around as I can ban their ipaddress from accessing my website but sucks waking up in the morning to it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!