How to change URL of a package?

• I do not use the filebase, but maybe in the ACP?
    ACP -> System -> Packages -> Manage Applications -> Edit Filebase

Maybe you also have to rename the directory of the filebase.

• I do not use the filebase, but maybe in the ACP?
    ACP -> System -> Packages -> Manage Applications -> Edit Filebase

Maybe you also have to rename the directory of the filebase.

I was just using "FileBase" as an example. I tried changing the name of the directory for a third party plugin (EasyLink) and it caused an error to where I couldn't access the front end of my site.

• Possibly have to edit the directory / link in .htaccess rules too, not just url / directory within ACP, but then also maybe have to rebuild some data from ACP.

• I was just using "FileBase" as an example. I tried changing the name of the directory for a third party plugin (EasyLink) and it caused an error to where I couldn't access the front end of my site.

If you need help let me know.
    Contact me via pn.

If there are trust issues:
    try to do the following:
    change the directory on the FTP server
    login to phpmyadmin and change the path to the applicaiton in

wcf1_applicaitons and the packages table

then clear the cache and it should work

• Possibly have to edit the directory / link in .htaccess rules too, not just url / directory within ACP, but then also maybe have to rebuild some data from ACP.

This is what I have in my .htaccess for EasyLink:

Apache Configuration
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
        RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
        RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?$1 [L,QSA]
    </IfModule>

I wouldn't know what should be added or changed.

• change the directory on the FTP server
    login to phpmyadmin and change the path to the applicaiton in

wcf1_applicaitons and the packages table

then clear the cache and it should work

I tried this and got a fatal error that wouldn't allow me to access the front or back end of my site. I deleted everything in my wcf/cache folder except the .htaccess file and it didn't help anything.

• I don't have any live site to test it now, but if memory serves me right, I was able to rename various addons and apps links it by first adding the correct re-write in .htaccess as in the example below:

Code
    #SEO_START
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine on
    #RewriteBase /
    # Rewrite application /Downloads/
    RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteRule ^Downloads/(.*)$ Downloads/index.php?$1 [L,QSA]
    #SEO_END
    </IfModule>

Then, enabled Controller Alias in ACP and added the entry to make the .php link "prettier," and finally changed the name under Appearance > Page Menu > List Menu Items.

Give it at shot.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von rafix73 (23. Januar 2016 um 21:39)

• I just placed one .htaccess under my site root folder (commonly /public_html) and add all the re-writes there. I never included other htaccess files on the site folders; I tried to keep things tidy as much as I could. That setup never gave me problems and was able to rename all the packages names.

• Ah yes, you have EasyLink, and I used that too actuall. I know that I renamed the package names also in the CSS of the template as well. I just can't recall exactly how and where, and I don't have a way to verify that at the moment.

They have to be added if you are using user friendly URL's.

emm.. as I said, I never added more than one .htaccess, just the one in the root folder, and included all the rewrites there. This is the file I used:

• As Rafix said, I never used .htaccess files in each of the main folders of applications either, mine is similar to rafix's .htaccess at root folder / public_html.

• emm.. as I said, I never added more than one .htaccess, just the one in the root folder, and included all the rewrites there. This is the file I used:

As Rafix said, I never used .htaccess files in each of the main folders of applications either, mine is similar to rafix's .htaccess at root folder / public_html.

Ok, I understand now.

In addition to the WBB forum I have the Gallery, Blog, Lexicon and EasyLink on one site, the site is also using https. What am I missing below besides the rewrite rules for EasyLink? What have I done wrong (if anything) with the code?

• my site uses https, don't really need to do anything for that in .htaccess (at least I don't remember doing anything) and I never used easylink myself, so not sure how to handle that one lol

well wait, i have like this, at top below RewriteBase /:

Apache Configuration
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^mydomain\.com [NC]
    RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} 80 
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://mydomain.com/$1 [R=301,L]
  • I removed all of the .htaccess files from my applications and just have one now in public_html. It could just be my imagination but the site seems to be loading a lot faster now, I'm not sure it there is any connection...

Now I have

And it seems to work for everything except EasyLink. I'm not trying to change any names with the above, just trying to get it so EasyLink works. What am I doing wrong?

• might have to ask at cls-design.com about easylink, since it's plugin related and not woltlab product related... seems to be only one needing handled and then you're good to go. :) or user tag @Cr@@gle in your post here..

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!