​Replace censored words with asterisks?

• Is it possible to replace censored words with asterisks instead of having the whole post rejected until the censored words are removed? Does a plugin exist for this?

Ouch... you mean it doesn't do like most scripts and do a definable replacement? It rejects the post outright? I hope it tells the user that they used a non-allowed word - and the specific word that they used that is prohibited then.

• Ouch... you mean it doesn't do like most scripts and do a definable replacement? It rejects the post outright? I hope it tells the user that they used a non-allowed word - and the specific word that they used that is prohibited then.

Yes, yes and yes. It's still pretty annoying even being told what the words are that can't be used.

• Folks still interested in this? I just started working on pretty much exactly it (looks like it should be reasonably easy -- famous last words). I need the functionality before I can move one of my forums over, as well as a "personal" version of it (for each member to choose their own censored words).

The functionality I'm creating would:

• Leave the original post completely untouched
    • Modify the text before it's output to the page
      • For the "master list", it'd use a list of definable words in the ACP to determine what word to replace with what other word
      • For the "user list", it'd use a list of definable words in the users account management area
    • Show the original text when the post is being edited

Compared to the Post Templates plugin I just finished with, it should be delightfully easy. :D

• Yes!

Excellent.

Will there be a version for WSC 3.0 / WBB 5.0 follow as well?

If theres demand, I don't see why not. :) Does Woltlab make versions of WBB 5.0 available for free for use by developers for creating plugins? If not, is their another way I could test existing and future plugins without purchasing a license? It's almost certain I'll update, but not for a few months or so after it comes out.

• Does Woltlab make versions of WBB 5.0 available for free for use by developers for creating plugins?

No,

If not, is their another way I could test existing and future plugins without purchasing a license? It's almost certain I'll update, but not for a few months or so after it comes out.

You can test in my board. I do have a very old licence with unlimted update access and will have WBB 5.0 from the begining

• Just wanted to update folks that I found enough time to finish this up, but I need to get my testers on it and then try to get it approved in the plugin store.

Things of note:
    - The "master list" is applied on a forum wide basis and allows you to replace any string of text with any other string of text
    - You can choose to allow users to to define their own replacements
    - You can choose how many replacements users are allowed to make
    - As is probably obvious, user replacements effect *only* that one user

Does this sound like the functionality that's wanted?

• Now I look like I'm talking to myself... :P

I just submitted this to the Plugin-store, so we'll see how bad the code looks to an outside party. :D

I also added the ability for admins to allow users to disable the global word replacements for themselves.

Also of potential note is that the replacements are case insensitive, and match whole words only.

• Great news! The plugin was approved and is now in the Plugin Store! I have a few images in the store listing that show exactly how it works. It's very customizable (by User Group, even).

As a quick run down, it:
    - Allows global replacements of whatever words you'd like across the entire forum
    - Allows you to let members define their own Text Replacements that effect only what they see (this is a User Group permission)
    - Allows you to set a maximum number of Text Replacements that each user can create (because we all have that one member who'd create 10 billion of them and then complain when something exploded)
    - Allows you tick a box letting members disable Text Replacement for them (even when you allow members to do this, Text replacement is enabled by default)
    - Matches on word boundaries; if you set "mothertrumpet" to be replaced with "mother*", it'll effect "mothertrumpet" but won't effect "mother trumpet"

woltlab.com/pluginstore/file/2419/

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!