IP Tracking

• I think that would be a privacy issue here. You could download the access log from your server and search for an IP address and that will tell you everything they did up until you downloaded it.

• I think that would be a privacy issue here. You could download the access log from your server and search for an IP address and that will tell you everything they did up until you downloaded it.

One mans (or woman's) privacy issue is another man/woman's accountability issue.
    As you said, the data is already there in the HTTP server logs... so what's wrong with extending that fact to the script tracking the IP of visitors (not that I'd want to, that log could get rather LARGE rather QUICKLY).

• I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, but here privacy is important so it's not something you generally see. For example someone perhaps Adam/Aslan was looking for a plugin to read people's private messages. A lot of people were not keen on the idea, I think someone eventually made one not sure. I'm just explaining why there might not be one already.

There is iptools which I use to replace some of what was missing from vbulletin but I don't think there's anything that tracks activity like that.

• I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, but here privacy is important so it's not something you generally see. For example someone perhaps Adam/Aslan was looking for a plugin to read people's private messages.

Reading private messages (unless based upon a complaint report) is different than IP based process tracking. As you said, it's already tracked via the HTTP server logs - all this does is make a simpler process to do it.
    As I said, I don't really have a use for it (grep & awk work fine) but for those that don't have the benefit of that, they may have requirements for it that we haven't thought of.