Purchasing Woltlab Gallery

• I am nearly ready (as of 31 December 2015) to purchase the Gallery Add-On for my Forum.
    Two questions:

1st: Is installing Gallery something which I can do via the ACP, OR, does this have to be (or should be) installed by a Woltlab Technician?

2nd: When I clicked on the "purchase Woltlab Gallery" link on the Woltlab Website, a window popped up asking if this was a license extension or a new license.
    Why did I get this message (question)? And which one should I click on when I purchase the Gallery 31 December?

Life’s a Bitch … have a 4um! - DJ

• Hello @Ruff Seas,

You can install the gallery, like any other plugin, directly from the ACP. But you can also buy our installation service, then we will install the gallery for you.

You have in our store the opportunity to select whether the new product should be added in your existing license or you want to purchase a new stand-alone license. With a stand-alone license, you must always change the license data in the ACP if you wish to install an update.

• Hello @Ruff Seas,

You can install the gallery, like any other plugin, directly from the ACP. But you can also buy our installation service, then we will install the gallery for you.

Andrea, thank you for your reply!

However, your reply does leave me with some reservation - meaning, is it in your opinion that perhaps the installation of "Gallery" is a complex Plugin and therefore it would be better to have the installation done by Woltlab rather than me doing it myself through the ACP?

Since I have never had experience with Plugins such as Calendar, Gallery, Blog, etc., I am wondering if these are more complicated (?) to install than say a plugin (free or pay type) that I would get from independent developers via the Plugins pages of this website?

If you don't foresee any problems with me installing the Gallery Plugin, I will of course not order the "installation service" as that adds greatly to the cost of my purchase.

Dave

• The gallery is not a plugin but an application and as such it can be run completely standalone exactly like Burning Board. The cool thing about of framework is, that you can install it just like any other plugin into an existing application such as Burning Board and it will integrate nicely as if it is one product only. Applications only differ from regular plugins by the fact that they can be run independent, but plugins always require an application.

You might have mistaken Andrea's hint regarding the installation service, it was simply meant as a general offer. As mentioned above, installing it is super easy, just follow the steps described by her :)

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• The gallery is not a plugin but an application and as such it can be run completely standalone exactly like Burning Board. The cool thing about of framework is, that you can install it just like any other plugin into an existing application such as Burning Board and it will integrate nicely as if it is one product only. Applications only differ from regular plugins by the fact that they can be run independent, but plugins always require an application.

You might have mistaken Andrea's hint regarding the installation service, it was simply meant as a general offer. As mentioned above, installing it is super easy, just follow the steps described by her :)

Thank you for your detailed explanation ..... and answer to my question! Greatly appreciated!

Dave