Custom fields, or, some other way to achieve....

• I have been experimenting with Gallery and it's great! Immediately I want it to do things I don't think it can do :) but I hope I am wrong.

On my forum an important piece of information for every photo will be "Country of Origin".

I understand that I could create a top level Category "Country of Origin" and then list manually as a subcategory every country underneath and organise them alphabetically myself, but firstly this is laborious, and also will result in a very large "forest of checkboxes" in the category selection screen for the image. Also, more than one country could be selected, which is meaningless.

So I would like to provide a drop-down list, for the user to choose a country.

Can this be achieved, if not in the default installation then by a Plugin?

The second request would be for a similar drop-down list (or a start-typing-list, like the User selection boxes in WBB) but this time the user can ADD things to the drop-down list, so for example the Maker of (in this case) a knife. There are thousands of makers, they can not possibly have their own category, they need to be chosen from a list, and the list can not possibly be pre-populated, it must be able to be populated as people add photos.

I hope these two things make sense.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!