Outlook on the future of WoltLab Community Framework 2.2

• The price is fair, but buying each official addon to translate it represent a budget. Plus the translators don't have any help. Nothing about modifications concerning variables, and it's a lot of work on our free time. I translated wBB 3, restart from the beginning for the 4 version, and it's necessary to restart from the beginning for the 4.1 version because there is a lot of change. Personally I stopped, too much cost and time for nothing.

Maybe the team need to change their political on these points.

Anyway, the product is good, and I thank them for their work.

• restart from the beginning for the 4 version, and it's necessary to restart from the beginning for the 4.1 version because there is a lot of change. Personally I stopped, too much cost and time for nothing.

Maybe the team need to change their political on these points.

Anyway, the product is good, and I thank them for their work.

Personally, it sounds like you want the cake and eat it too (the impossibility of having something both ways, if those two ways conflict). I understand that providing free translations means devoting quite some time and energy to it in order to have decent results. But you complain about constant changes, which apparently make your work harder because you have to start from scratch every time WoltLab releases a major version or Burning Board. And yet, if you think on it, those very changes are what make WBB the great forum software of our choice. From what I gather reading your post, it seems to me that you are promoting software development stagnation in order to make your life as an unofficial translator easier, and I believe that isn't really the way to go.

• The whole thing about translations is things will always be changing over time no matter what, because people want new features added in or removed, etc. Can't have the cake and eat it too. For most part, I don't think too much had changed from 4.0 to 4.1 in language file terms. Of course there's always new features added or modified, and it's probably better and easier to just wait until the branch is released before doing translations anyway, because a lot changes through it's RC, Beta stages etc.

But yeah, people want more and more and more "fixes","changes", features, pretty urls, and ad placement improvements, then moan about language variable translations lol. With more features, etc, comes more language variables to add, change, remove, and translate.

• How will the CMS be integrated with blogs? I assume the CMS with have an article system and I'm thinking it will cause issues with blog posts that are called "articles". If a member makes a blog post it may cause confusion when it is automatically called an "article".

• We're still heavily working on the planned features and until they have sufficiently stabilized in terms of feature sets and functionality we would like to wait before announcing more details. All though we want to keep everyone posted about our progress, there is only little value announcing features that are later dropped or drastically changed - a false impression we would like to avoid.