I would like to see someone develope an APP or Plugin for making Colored Category Title Headings

• I know there is a way to add or modify CSS in Styles for selecting - one at a time - so that a Category Title can be made to show in a specific color.

But what would be much better - and definitely more convenient 8) - would be a Plugin (APP as I know it by) which would be included in the ACP under Forums>List Forums>and the steps which follow.

The ability to color ANY Category Title would be by selecting a preset Color Scale (maybe of 10 colors or more) while in the Category / Forum mode, then clicking on that color,and then proceeding with the other settings one wants to make for a specific Category / Forum. After everything is set the way the person wants it, then would click on Submit and it would be created (just as is now in 4.1.7) but with this Plugin there would be also the setting for coloring the Category Title.

I know this is possible to design / program because there is an independent app contributor to another forum software I use to have, and he made such an App.
    He also made one for coloring FORUM TITLES as well.

The REASON for having such an App (or Plugin) is so that by coloring some Category Titles, the Forum Administrator can draw particular attention / notice to certain Categories.

For example, in my new Forum using Woltlab 4.1.7 software, I have a Category at the TOP of my Forum Page which states: IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM THE ADMINISTRATION - and following below this are Forums which discuss Rules of the Forum, etc.

Thanks in advance to ANYONE who can - and is willing to - put the time and effort into making this Plugin available for I suspect many people besides me! :)

Hey Devil - Get behind me and don't push, shove, or kick! ^^

My Forum: https://totally-blazon.com

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Ruff Seas (12. September 2015 um 12:43) aus folgendem Grund: Minor changes made to text and sentence alignment

• You can use HTML to format your forum titles. The problem i see in your request is, that if you create such a plugin, there are people requesting more options like font, size, ... And at the end, you'll have the complete WYSIWYG editor on that page and it's still not enough.

• You can use HTML to format your forum titles. The problem i see in your request is, that if you create such a plugin, there are people requesting more options like font, size, ... And at the end, you'll have the complete WYSIWYG editor on that page and it's still not enough.

Well of course thank you for replying to my Plugin Request - a reply is always appreciated!

However, based upon experience with the other Forum software I had (it was IP Board) - and the person who developed the APP for Title Coloring - it was a success for him and for those who purchased the APP.

Many individuals downloaded his APP; and over a 18 month period I was with IP Board, I was not aware of any complaints or additional requests which would have had him re-designing the APP.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!