How to add Google Fonts, Font Awesome

• How can we add Google Fonts , Font Awesome ( or similar CDN based ) to be used with Burning Board ? Also, what is the best was to change the Node icons ?

Smile , it's good for health

• @Dilip, if you haven't found it, try

Code
    .wbbBoardContainer[data-board-id="71"] > .wbbBoard > .icon::before {
    }

as your designator, then use the standard CSS for fontawesome like you do most others (IPS, XenForo, etc). The data-board-id can be found by using Chrome Inspector for the node. Not sure if it will work yet - about to try it on my site.

• It's good to see you're using WBB for one of your forums.

I'm an equal opportunity abuser. ;)
    I dumped IPS on the Linux site and am in the process of styling WBB now for it (it's up and running). One thing I don't think I'm going to like is the quoting of a quote in a reply. May be a setting I missed or something else.

• One thing I don't think I'm going to like is the quoting of a quote in a reply. May be a setting I missed or something else.

You just need get used to how it works, but as paul said easy way is just text highlighting and quote it into a reply. But you can also browse other topics and SAVE different quotes to insert into another post in a different topic. That comes in more handy if you maybe have two tabs open on your site and use other tab to save quotes from other topics and switch tabs to other one your writing a new post with to insert them into it. Either way... you will learn the quote system is more powerful for doing things than you first think until you get more used with it.

But for general quoting things from same topic in my replies, I do same as paul and just use text highlighting and quote it in the reply. No need to quote full post anyway if your only replying to section of what was said

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Macondiana (3. Januar 2016 um 23:01)

• The biggest issue that I'm seeing so far is the German language centric aspect of the site and numerous add-ons. I'm currently in the process of doing a translation of an english .XML file for one that was basically empty. Same for community support... seems like most of it is in the other side of the pond. Nothing that can't be overcome - it just slows me down.

• seems like most of it is in the other side of the pond. Nothing that can't be overcome - it just slows me down.

Yep, it is why I don't spend that much time posting here like at first. Too German language orientated. Most mods though do have both German and English language files included though. Although, I have myself just redone the the language variable text used for the Who Was Online Today mod to sounds a bit better with text used in it.

• Most mods though do have both German and English language files included though.

By default, we do not allow monolingual plugins in the store. Normally, plugins need to ship the language files for de and en, otherwise we will reject them. However, sometimes, it just gets unnoticed, that a language file is missing.

• By default, we do not allow monolingual plugins in the store. Normally, plugins need to ship the language files for de and en, otherwise we will reject them. However, sometimes, it just gets unnoticed, that a language file is missing.

It's not that it was missing.. it was that it was simply empty of any pertinent english language translation(s).

was the extent of the en.xml. the de.xml contained roughly 149 lines.

• Then that should never have been offered for download then, it slipped the net because it had the actual en language file included. Every mod I've tried so far has had the full English translation from German, although there have been one or two which I spotted they made an error and still used German words, 1 maybe 2 for English entries and reported them to mod author and they fixed it

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!