changing the background

• hello fellow woltlab members!

iam stuck, i cant seem to find a way to change my background or even finding a plugin to do it for me.
    can anyone help me?
    thanks in advance
    regards
    Marcel :thumbup:

• The background image that is used by default is located in the folder: wcf/images/blueTemptation/blueTemptationHeader.png

You could just edit that or create another using same name and size dimensions, then just replace it with the custom one to get a different background image at top used.

That would be the easy way of getting a new background displayed.

• I know it is, I've not looked at styling it at all yet. But I would look at the CSS Advanced Area under styles section in Admin CP. That lists all the CSS used and thinking that where you'd change the main body background if wanting more than just a colour used. If you only want to change colour of it, then you can do that easy enough by just using the colour pallet picker for background

• In Advanced Settings tab under a style looking quick at css listed in top box. Right at top see this.

Code
    /* ### blue temptation special css ### */
    /* background-image for body, tabular boxes and dialogs */
    body, .tabularBox, .dialogTitlebar {
    	background-image: url(../images/blueTemptation/blueTemptationHeader.png);
    	background-repeat: repeat-x;
    }
  • i mean full background

GTB is correct, if you want to change the full background you can easily upload it via FTP or using File Manager in your host admin panel. Just replace the existing image blueTemptationHeader.png with the one of your choice, making sure you give it the same name, and then navigate to Style > Edit Style > Advanced > Individual CSS and LESS and append at the end of the file the code below, which will fix the image and the forum can scroll above it.

Code
    body { background-attachment: fixed; }
  • I personally don't like repeated backgrounds images as you can always notice the loop, unless it's a solid color or very precise pattern. I think that a fixed background simplifies things and generally makes a site look better.

• Well I'm thinking (as I've never tried styling WBB yet to spot any complications) that you could make use a 3/4 or half screen image and use no-repeat and have it blend in at bottom of image with background colour used also via the colour picker. As you don't really want an image all way to bottom, it would look daft and better to blend image in at bottom with background colour still. But get far more of an image displayed at top half

• well i did use the repeat-x to repeat because indeed iam using a seamless texture
    so you wont notice the loop/lines
    and herby thanks for the information it worked like a charm, i used both :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!