RSS feed import not working [no last checked time]

• Betroffene App
    WoltLab Suite Forum

I want to import an RSS feed into a BB appliance. I have tried various ways (permissions, running cronjob manually, etc) but the posts won't show up. The "Last time checked" time does not show up either. No logs have been found (not in mysql, not in php, nor in BB itself)

A links to the feed can be provided in a conversation. It is validated RSS (and bypasses the timezone bug).

• @BartOtten

Did you tried to run the RSS feed cronjob manually? Did you tried to update your RSS feed with new entries after adding it into the RSS feed ACP interface?

• There is progress: it shows a last 'checked' date. However...Last check June 1st is not looking like 'every 10 minutes' as it's June 4th already:

<lastBuildDate>Thu, 04 Jun 2015 13:48:07 UTC</lastBuildDate>

Also, it did not import anything :(

Edit: Good news! Error logs :) Reports that the XML is not valid. One step further :D

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von BartOtten (4. Juni 2015 um 16:35)

• I want to import an RSS feed into a BB appliance. I have tried various ways (permissions, running cronjob manually, etc) but the posts won't show up. The "Last time checked" time does not show up either. No logs have been found (not in mysql, not in php, nor in BB itself)

A links to the feed can be provided in a conversation. It is validated RSS (and bypasses the timezone bug).

I used to find this same thing when running XenForo. Have you by chance already imported feeds in once from somewhere and then deleted them and tried to import them again from same site. What happens is, they might be deleted from forum itself but if you use Myphpadmin and look at the table called RSS Logs, you'll see the feeds are still listed in it (even if removed from forum). To be able to re-import the exact same feeds in again - you need delete all the RSS recorded logs from that table.

Otherwise it won't import them a second time around because they are listed in that table.

Otherwise it will now only import any new feeds after the last ones you imported and deleted from forum

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Macondiana (21. Juli 2015 um 23:06)

• AdminBoard > Logs > Errors

Code
    Tue, 21 Jul 2015 20:30:28 +0000
    File: [cut]/core/lib/util/XML.class.php (184)
     etc etc
  • You said you've not seen any error logs. Look in: wcf/log folder, you should see a text doc listed to download.

If you add a feed that is not recognised as being XML valid URL it won't work and will create an error in that folder above. The same thing happened when I tried to add the IPS Blog feed to WBB https://community.invisionpower.com/blogs/blog/rss/1174-ips-news/, got an error log saying it was an invalid feed and nothing was imported. Try testing this feed out.

https://community.woltlab.com/board-feed/8/

Or any from here should work testing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/rss/default.stm

http://feeds.bbci.co.uk/news/england/rss.xml?edition=uk

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Macondiana (21. Juli 2015 um 23:22)

• Unfortunately it doesn't reject the feed as not being valid but lets you add it. But then it doesn't import anything and creates an error log in wcf/log folder.

I only spotted it by accident same way and put two and two together what was going wrong.

• Seems not to create a report every time as the one I found was from a manual start (but the cron does run every few minutes according to the cron log).

Will test with the other feeds :) Tnx for helping me

• What might be well worth trying, as I've done this. After you delete a feed (if you're going to re-use same feed again testing), after deleting all the previous feeds from forum listed. Which raises a point, how are you deleting the feeds from the forum. Do you move them to trashcan, then also a second time highlight them all and choose delete. Because if you're only moving the feeds to trashcan, then the feeds are still listed until the cron job runs and empties trashcan. Why when I test feeds and remove them all from forum, I make sure they are hard deleted. Then go check database with myphpadmin and delete any logs shown for them there as well.

I would even consider emptying cache and run the maintenance tasks to rebuild forums e.t.c - prior to testing importing same feeds again. I've even manually run some cron jobs afterwards also, like hourly and daily clean-up tasks.

Another note; what are you using to post the feeds with? Your own account or another member bot account created. If you use a another member account created... make sure it has permission to post on that forum feeds are being added to. On the feed forum I run, I do deny 'users' group from starting topics, but then add the 'robot member' poster to allow posting threads 'to override the users group' deny start thread permission. Even though my robot member is still in same 'users' group

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Macondiana (23. Juli 2015 um 23:38)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!