Install on transfer ok with one licene?

• Hi there,

I think it is time to convert our self-made 12 years old community software to a newer one and until now we chose wbb for that. :)

I'm just wondering if I can install the wbb after buying on my private webspace and transfer it to the target webspace after configuring and possibly writing some plugins (like our custom avatar system)? There are several reasons for doing so and I would be very glad to keep both systems apart until everything is set and a converter is written.

Thanks a lot for some answer

krang
    mods.de Administration

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi

yes, this is fine. More generally: You may setup both: A single public installation as well as a single private installation only accessible by you (protected by “.htaccess”). Once an existing public installation is completely deleted you may setup another one.

You can simply transfer it after setting it up by copying over the files and the database.

• Hi

yes, this is fine. More generally: You may setup both: A single public installation as well as a single private installation only accessible by you (protected by “.htaccess”).

Ok, I need some more people to work on this preliminary version but it sounds like, it is fine. I will, of course, protect access to the private version as you suggested. :) Perfect, thanks a lot.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!