2.1 [beta 1] Grammar mistake

• Create Blog

Simple, understandable, and importantly short to the point. Short button size too, making it smaller more of an easy layout for mobile devices.

Create Blog

• Create Blog

Simple, understandable, and importantly short to the point. Short button size too, making it smaller more of an easy layout for mobile devices.

Create Blog

This is the current layout on a 320 x 480 screen size. You'll save a lot more real estate and keep with a more unified look, by renaming this button.

• create an own blog isn't correct. Create a blog or create your own blog.

While I would change it to either Create Blog or Create own Blog for consitency and simply because it is more concise, the phrase "Create an own Blog" ist correct. If you would say "Create your own Blog" this would imply that there is only one blog that is yours. "Create an Own Blog" implies that you can create a Blog - as in one of multiple - and that this blog will be one of yours.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

While I would change it to either Create Blog or Create own Blog for consitency and simply because it is more concise, the phrase "Create an own Blog" ist correct. If you would say "Create your own Blog" this would imply that there is only one blog that is yours. "Create an Own Blog" implies that you can create a Blog - as in one of multiple - and that this blog will be one of yours.

"create own blog" doesn't work either

Probably best to use "create blog" or "create a blog"

Always remember English is a screwed up language

• "Own" is an adjective and a pronoun used to signify and emphasize possession and ownership, which cannot be preceded by articles (a/an). The only exception is when own defines terms of kinship, ie. "an own brother" or "an own cousin." For this reason, "an own blog" is grammatically incorrect.

However, it's amusing that so many here got caught up in an argument about a simple typo or a totally forgettable grammar mistake, while several users in this forum still need help, advice, and suggestions concerning real and actual problems.

Go figure...

By the way, using "New Blog" would be short, mobile friendly, and implies that the user is making/creating a first or new blog, as opposed to any old ones previously created, if any.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von rafix73 (23. April 2015 um 22:23)

• "Own" is an adjective and a pronoun used to signify and emphasize possession and ownership, which cannot be preceded by articles (a/an). The only exception is when own defines terms of kinship, ie. "an own brother" or "an own cousin." For this reason, "an own blog" is grammatically incorrect.

However, it's amusing that so many here got caught up in an argument about a simple typo or a totally forgettable grammar mistake, while several users in this forum still need help, advice, and suggestions concerning real and actual problems.

Go figure...

By the way, using "New Blog" would be short, mobile friendly, and implies that the user is making/creating a first or new blog, as opposed to any old ones previously created, if any.

I'm much better with grammar than knowledge of Woltlab's software.

• By the way, using "New Blog" would be short, mobile friendly, and implies that the user is making/creating a first or new blog, as opposed to any old ones previously created, if any.

This sounds better to me, just like "new thread" button currently. It implies you're making a new blog (if you haven't already), as well as a new blog along with the 20 blogs you've already created, handling the plural side of it.

"I haven't made any blogs yet, so I'll click "New Blog" button to create my first/*new* blog."

"Well, I already have 20 blogs created and I want another one, so I'll click "New Blog" button to make another one, putting me at 21 blogs I'll now have."

"Create Blog" is another good one. Cause "Create a blog" implies that you're limited or only allowed to create one blog.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Smooey (24. April 2015 um 01:10)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!