Two questions on the user panel

• I am creating a user panel to the left of the forum and I have two questions.

1. How can I use the resources of wbb so that this box is opened with a click?

Let me explain, the box when you move the mouse over it will open with an effect of translation, I realized, however, that is bit annoying. And I would like to figure out how to make open with a click. As is usual in the user panel.

2. I would also move notifications and conversations in the new panel, but when I try I receive this error:

This error is given if I try to use the file: notificationListUserPanel

Although checking in template userpanel I did not find any link to it. So I'm wondering, how can I use it?

Thanks for your answers :)

UPDATE

I'm trying to achieve user panel side where the click of notifications, conversations etc. should open, with a slide effect, the amount box.

With regard to the controlPanel I understood that I find the box inside the template userPanel, but what about the others I noticed that are created through the jquery file WCF.js

How can I make sure to move those boxes that are generated under the footer? So you can use them at will?

• Don't spam-ping people. If they wanted to answer they would already have.

I would have answered, but CSS is not my specialty and from your screenshots and texts it is very hard to understand what exactly it is you want to do and what your problem is. The elements you are referencing all have unique IDs and can be referenced, if that's what you are asking?

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

And still, that shouldn't stop him from keep asking, if that's an urgent matter to him. Not to mention that "spam-ping," as you call it, seems to be a common enough practice on this board. If you noticed, he didn't flood the thread and bumped it senselessly. Yet, while he's clearly working on fixing this problem, he is also referring to this board; the place one is supposed to look for support.

He has been asking for help over a few days without receiving replies -- the reason I took the liberty to refer him to Black Rider, who is obviously too busy to reply -- and he should be free to tag and ask as much as he wants, as long as he does so respectfully, which is what he's been doing.

Your snappy comment is uncalled for. If his "spam-ping" was bothering someone they would have already said so.

Cheers.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von rafix73 (13. April 2015 um 00:15)

I would have answered, but CSS is not my specialty and from your screenshots and texts it is very hard to understand what exactly it is you want to do and what your problem is. The elements you are referencing all have unique IDs and can be referenced, if that's what you are asking?

My problem is not with the css but figure out how to move the box content in div with class dropdownMenuContainer.

To make you understand better. When I click on your nickname or the notifications button opens the popup window. Here, exactly ones. I would like to understand how to move them.

Those popup, excluding the control panel, are "created" in jquery. For this reason I would like to understand how to move them from where they are created at the time * after the footer of the forum *

I apologize for the spam-ping people.

• What exactly do you mean by ”how to move them“?

Personally I just ignore mentions in threads where I didn't already posted.

@rafix I thought after a while in the forum it is known that answers depend on a free will. In general it does more pleasure to answer to a question if you want to and not if you are forced to so.

I already said in a Geeman thread some days ago if I don't like a force usage of the mention feature. Unfortunately I don't think that is gets better…

• Personally I just ignore mentions in threads where I didn't already posted

And yet, you decided to not ignore this one. You must be very busy though, I understand that.

I already said in a Geeman thread some days ago if I don't like a force usage of the mention feature. Unfortunately I don't think that is gets better…

So, tagging someone twice over a span of several days is to you "force usage"? To each one their own opinions, I guess. You know, sometimes people forget to reply, miss a notification or a tag, which is why I don't see tagging a member a couple of times over a few days such a bad thing. But, this must be very annoying to those who are very busy.

@rafix I thought after a while in the forum it is known that answers depend on a free will. In general it does more pleasure to answer to a question if you want to and not if you are forced to so

And could you please remind me when I ever claimed to the the contrary? As well, I never said that one should feel entitled to force others to reply. Yet, as much as one is free to reply to a general inquire, mention, direct question or not, another is free to keep asking for help if his question is not answered and he feels stuck with a problem. Besides, (and I did mention it above) this already seems to be a common trend around here -- trend that's never been addressed for the most part, and which makes reprimanding the OP for a double tag kind of ironic. Being a moderator for as long as you've been, I was taking for granted that you were well aware of that ;)

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von rafix73 (13. April 2015 um 08:15)

• I'm sorry @StratoKyke, I just don't get it. :(
    You can easily insert the pop up code inside your user panel template. I can't see the problem.

@rafix73 I just didn't ignore this one because I wanted to make clear that I don't like this behavior to randomly users in hope they will help.
    Yes, this “trend” unfortunately is common here and I already said it in a German thread that I personally don't like it. This has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a moderator since 4.5 years now because the feature is first available since a year and four months. ;)

• I'm sorry @StratoKyke, I just don't get it. :(
    You can easily insert the pop up code inside your user panel template. I can't see the problem.

@rafix73 I just didn't ignore this one because I wanted to make clear that I don't like this behavior to randomly users in hope they will help.
    Yes, this “trend” unfortunately is common here and I already said it in a German thread that I personally don't like it. This has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a moderator since 4.5 years now because the feature is first available since a year and four months. ;)

It is simple. I would like the popup was not there. but it opened as a drop down menu. See what I mean? :)
    @Black Rider

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!