Editor - Editor deletes align BBCodes

• Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Not a bug.

You wrapped everything with align justified. So being how smart the editor is... It just wrapped everything in 1 single tag, rather than 4 independents.

• Not a bug.

You wrapped everything with align justified. So being how smart the editor is... It just wrapped everything in 1 single tag, rather than 4 independents.

Hi Adam,

In the pass I post this thread Editor - Problems with [align] BBCode and @Alexander Ebert said:

The editor runs in paragraph mode and not in linebreaks mode. This is a huge difference because in paragraph mode each paragraph represents a distinctive node with not connection to any other adjacent node. The result of this is that the formatting is applied to each paragraph because HTML elements are not allowed to start and end in different nodes (that's the way HTML works). We've chosen this behavior because it offers a much more stable support in the browser's design mode.

Your lower example shows the behavior in linebreaks mode because newlines are created by breaks which themselves are not block tags. As a result the formatting can legally span both paragraphs because they aren't actually paragraphs, they simply visually mimic them.

Edit. In 4.1.2 this changed. XD

• Offizieller Beitrag

@Aethior This is true, but I found a smart way to format each line in WYSIWYG mode independently (better compatibility w/ browsers), but to revert this in BBCode mode. So it's some kind of hybrid mode where the actual HTML in WYSIWYG mode isn't exactly what it looks like in BBCode. After all, BBCodes are only an approximation and are never equal to pure HTML.

• Yes, Alexander is faster than me. XD

@Aethior This is true, but I found a smart way to format each line in WYSIWYG mode independently (better compatibility w/ browsers), but to revert this in BBCode mode. So it's some kind of hybrid mode where the actual HTML in WYSIWYG mode isn't exactly what it looks like in BBCode. After all, BBCodes are only an approximation and are never equal to pure HTML.

I think I prefer this mode. Thanks for your explanation. :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!