Issue with usergroups permissions

• Betroffene Version
    WoltLab Suite 6.0
    Betroffene App
    WoltLab Suite Core

I have a Founder usergroup (1000 priority) and Administrators usergroup (900 priority). I'm using a admin account (900) to edit Guest usergroup. The ACP is requiring me to select a allowed bbcode to save the changes (any bbcode)... This only happens with admin account (900). The founder account can save the changes without problems.

*I just reproduce this issue in a beta forum with Users, Everyone and Guests usergroups.

video-001.mp4

video-002.mp4

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Aethior (30. Juni 2023 um 20:55)

• The priorities have nothing to do with permissions, they are only used for ranks, which are purely cosmetic.

The "Founder" group you are having is the original "Administrators" group, right? This explains why he can set any permissions, as this is treated special.

Now, your "Administrators" group might only set permissions that do not exceed the user itself. Does the user you are trying to set those permissions with have the permission to use bbcodes?

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• Hi @Netzwerg,

But the original problem it isn't the bbcodes permissions. For example If I want to change the permissions to "Can view likes" (only this perrmission) the ACP requiring me to set any bbcode to save the changes. I can select bold bbcode now or italic bbcode in other moment. The ACP requires me to choose a BBCode to save the change.

• video.mp4

How to reproduce this issue: (cc @Alexander Ebert)

• Install a stable version (WBB 4.1.2).
    • Rename Administrators usergroup to Founder. (Group-ID 4)
    • Create Administrators usergroup. (Group-ID 6)
    • Create admin and founder users and assign to respective user groups.
    • Use founder account to disable all permissions of Users usergroup.
    • Use admin account to try enable any permission. (e.g. Can view likes)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Aethior (30. Juni 2023 um 20:53)

• Why don't you just leave the original Administrator group alone? Just create a new group by copying the administrator one and rename it to Founder.

Hi @rafix73 :)

I use a Founder usergroup since 2013 (personally I prefer other solution). Your option is correct for new users, but I have all permissions established since many years ago.*

I explain in my previou post how to reproduce because Alexander have problems to reproduce this issue. The bug exist and should be fixed.

*Edit. It isn't a solution.

video.mp4

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Aethior (30. Juni 2023 um 20:53)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!