Mark as read - missing

• Betroffene App
    WoltLab Suite Forum

So for mobile users, the mark as read button is missing. This isn't helpful for people who use only mobile devices.

I have confirmed this also on Woltlab.com

• It's not missing but rather hidden by default in the mobile view.

Add the following to your advanced styling:

Play around with the values in the first line to setup wether this should be shown always or just in "landscape mode". Of course, you could simplify this statement if this is to voluminous for your liking :)

• I can see what you mean (and it's actually sth I've also thought in the past) but using the woltlab style out of the box isn't recommendable either. Nonetheless, this would be an easy fix to apply on their side (as you can see)

• but using the woltlab style out of the box isn't recommendable either.

If its not suitable out of the box, it's not ready.

I'm disappointed to discover this. :(

I had told everyone how mobile friendly Woltlab is and this isn't mobile friendly. I didn't notice it myself, because I don't usually mark things as read... I actually take the time to read.

• Well, it DOES suffice for the average requirements.

But as soon as you start thinking about things like "user experience" you are more or less required to customize said experience.
    It's the same with every other community software. They always have a nice set of features out of the box but there also are always tidbits that could be optimized for your target audience.

The mobile view is one of these things. Applying the modification I've already provided doesn't take 5 minutes (plus say 10 minutes to tweak it to your design). That's hardly warranting to call Woltlab's product "mobile unfriendly".

• But as soon as you start thinking about things like "user experience" you are more or less required to customize said experience.

That's a problem. It should function on any display out of the box.

We're not talking about customizations, we're talking about the core functionality. That from the start should just work.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!