Editing CSS feels convoluted.

• In comparison to IPB board and xenforo, it feels like a lot of fumbling about to change css. I personally prefer the directness of those platforms. Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way.

However it feels like when I create a new template, a lot of the CSS isn't there for me to change. I have to fumble about and over write. I am I missing something?

• Well, that is how CSS works, it cascades. The field for custom CSS declarations is empty on purpose, because that way you only need to add the declarations that you really need, instead to sift through a crapton of unrelated css.

Creating styles is quite straight-forward. You write the relevant css declarations and put them into that field. Done.

I mostly author my changes using a browsers tools (mostly chrome) and apply them directly to the site, then copy them to the style field.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• I mostly author my changes using a browsers tools (mostly chrome) and apply them directly to the site, then copy them to the style field.

Regardless of the implementation in the different board softwares this approach has become more or less the standard workflow for designers.

Thus I'd like to claim that the way it's done in burning board is the most open and most straightforward approach for designers even though inexperienced users might be having an easier time figuring out what declaration does what with the way IPB does it. Different target audiences I'd say.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!