Required location when uploading? How do you turn that OFF ?

• So this is a new one for me... I have no idea why it would ask for my location and my members are super paranoid about their privacy, so this isn't exactly a good thing.

By paranoid I mean on the verge of being nervous and thinking everyone is watching them, include "big brother" (government). Assume I have the type of members who are are always looking over their shoulder and are paranoid about the smallest changes and anything that they feel could be tracking them... ie.. Borderline crazy.

( click on photo to enlarge )
    This does NOT happen on the forums or the blogs, only Woltlab Gallery.

How do you turn this OFF ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The location is requested to set the initial map position for the Google Maps integration. Deny access will cause a fallback to the values set in your ACP.

Yet, if your users feel uncomfortable about this, they can simply reject the request and all is fine. This is the whole thing about privacy, don't do things automatically but instead explicitly ask for it.

• The location is requested to set the initial map position for the Google Maps integration. Deny access will cause a fallback to the values set in your ACP.

Yet, if your users feel uncomfortable about this, they can simply reject the request and all is fine. This is the whole thing about privacy, don't do things automatically but instead explicitly ask for it.

So how do you turn off that requirement? The fact that it even ask is still to much. I need to be able to completely remove that feature.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!