Editor - The quotes not respect the text format

• Unless you're using the full quote button, the message text is only quoted in text mode, ignoring all formatting set.

Hi @Alexander Ebert,

I'm using the quote button. The quote have the same code as the original post. This is the source code:

**You can check other bug: the last [/align] tag is quoted in incorrect place. [/quote][/align]

Code
    [quote='Aethior','https://community.woltlab.com/thread/236812-test/?postID=1425567#post1425567'][align=justify]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer leo felis, hendrerit a orci quis, laoreet condimentum arcu. Suspendisse placerat velit et odio placerat, quis bibendum dolor laoreet. Cras sodales orci ipsum, pharetra viverra ex consectetur sed. Curabitur metus lectus, porta efficitur libero id, posuere elementum arcu. Sed et mattis nibh, id ultricies dui. Ut placerat tincidunt ligula eget ornare. Morbi congue sapien ut lacus pharetra porta. Nam quis maximus mi. Fusce a ipsum ullamcorper, aliquet lectus et, venenatis risus. Pellentesque vitae consequat lorem.[/align][align=justify]Pellentesque consectetur est non sollicitudin convallis. Proin ac scelerisque lorem. Vivamus mollis lacinia eros, et gravida neque posuere at. Aliquam blandit nisl eget magna porta tincidunt. Phasellus venenatis quam eleifend dolor fermentum, a dignissim elit condimentum. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Quisque iaculis sem ante, ut varius lorem fermentum ut. Duis tristique eleifend efficitur. In ex ex, aliquam vel mi nec, ornare suscipit orci.[/align][align=justify]Duis eget scelerisque justo. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Mauris vitae lorem sollicitudin, pretium dolor eget, molestie turpis. Maecenas congue elit quis purus semper rutrum. Nulla ac mauris urna. Pellentesque tristique auctor est tempor iaculis. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Mauris vehicula massa sapien, volutpat blandit dui ornare vel. Ut mollis leo a eros sollicitudin, in interdum est hendrerit. In quis fermentum tortor, sed condimentum leo. Vivamus ac fermentum arcu.[/quote][/align]

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Aethior (10. März 2015 um 13:12)

• I have comodo dragon / chrome.. I can confirm it. test The format isn't kept.

Code
    [quote='Aethior','https://community.woltlab.com/thread/236812-test/?postID=1425567#post1425567'][align=justify]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer leo felis, hendrerit a orci quis, laoreet condimentum arcu. Suspendisse placerat velit et odio placerat, quis bibendum dolor laoreet. Cras sodales orci ipsum, pharetra viverra ex consectetur sed. Curabitur metus lectus, porta efficitur libero id, posuere elementum arcu. Sed et mattis nibh, id ultricies dui. Ut placerat tincidunt ligula eget ornare. Morbi congue sapien ut lacus pharetra porta. Nam quis maximus mi. Fusce a ipsum ullamcorper, aliquet lectus et, venenatis risus. Pellentesque vitae consequat lorem.[/align][align=justify]Pellentesque consectetur est non sollicitudin convallis. Proin ac scelerisque lorem. Vivamus mollis lacinia eros, et gravida neque posuere at. Aliquam blandit nisl eget magna porta tincidunt. Phasellus venenatis quam eleifend dolor fermentum, a dignissim elit condimentum. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Quisque iaculis sem ante, ut varius lorem fermentum ut. Duis tristique eleifend efficitur. In ex ex, aliquam vel mi nec, ornare suscipit orci.[/align][align=justify]Duis eget scelerisque justo. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Mauris vitae lorem sollicitudin, pretium dolor eget, molestie turpis. Maecenas congue elit quis purus semper rutrum. Nulla ac mauris urna. Pellentesque tristique auctor est tempor iaculis. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Mauris vehicula massa sapien, volutpat blandit dui ornare vel. Ut mollis leo a eros sollicitudin, in interdum est hendrerit. In quis fermentum tortor, sed condimentum leo. Vivamus ac fermentum arcu.[/quote][/align]
  • Quote this post please (all paragraphs with align=justify) >> test

I see what you're saying, but the problem is not related to quoting, but how you format the original text. If you copy and paste some text into the editor and justify it, you will not have the problem. I tried now many times in both Firefox and Chrome. If I use your text I notice the wrong format.

• I see what you're saying, but the problem is not related to quoting, but how you format the original text. If you copy and paste some text into the editor and justify it, you will not have the problem. I tried now many times in both Firefox and Chrome. If I use your text I notice the wrong format.

When you quote a text, you want to respect the format. This is the functionality to copy an entire thread.

• When you quote a text, you want to respect the format. This is the functionality to copy an entire thread.

Indeed it is, and so far I haven't had any issues with text I quoted here and in my forums.

Maybe it depends on the source where you first quote the message from (a website page). For example, if you type 500 words, divided in two paragraphs of approximately 250 words each, then align them and quote them in a reply post, you won't see format problems. The original source where you first quote those words from originally (not wbb) could be the cause.

For instance, type anything in MS Word and paste it in the editor, you most likely see format issues. This is normal, expected, and not something related to wbb's editor's alleged bug. That's why it's always advisable when quoting or copying text from webpages to paste the text to a not-formatted editor first.

• Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• As I mentioned above, this is not the editor that is not able to maintain the format of a text quoted from a forum post. On the contrary, it is a common behavior that concerns copying text from webpages. Once you past text on an editor, it might not keep the original displayed format, which is why when I copy text from web pages, I always paste it first on Notepad ++ to clear line breaks before I use it in any forum.

Look at the example below. Although it's a bit comparing apples with oranges, it still fits the case and will help us understand. I copied your quoted text (with correct line breaks) in a forum using another forum software. As you can see the text doesn't keep the format. The same happens if I simply select all, copy, and paste your text as it is on the page (without quoting it). In short, it is a common and expected behavior.

• As I mentioned above, this is not the editor that is not able to maintain the format of a text quoted from a forum post. On the contrary, it is a common behavior that concerns copying text from webpages. Once you past text on an editor, it might not keep the original displayed format, which is why when I copy text from web pages, I always paste it first on Notepad ++ to clear line breaks before I use it in any forum.

Look at the example below. Although it's a bit comparing apples with oranges, it still fits the case and will help us understand. I copied your quoted text (with correct line breaks) in a forum using another forum software. As you can see the text doesn't keep the format. The same happens if I simply select all, copy, and paste your text as it is on the page (without quoting it). In short, it is a common and expected behavior.

In my video, I copied no text... I used only the quote button.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!