Editor - The quotes not respect the text format

• In my video, I copied no text... I used only the quote button.

In your video you are quoting text that was copied originally from a webpage, and not typed directly in the editor. That lorem ipsum text inherited the format from where it was copied from, hence having different line breaks that if it were typed directly or cleared of its format in an external text editor.

• In your video you are quoting text that was copied originally from a webpage, and not typed directly in the editor. That lorem ipsum text inherited the format from where it was copied from, hence having different line breaks that if it were typed directly or cleared of its format in an external text editor.

This worked before without issues. It is not working now over multiple browsers.

edit: And I hate to use the argument that it works everywhere else... But it does.

• This worked before without issues. It is not working now over multiple browsers.

I am not having this issue at all across multiple browsers. I can quote text without having format problems. If I noticed odd line breaks, I just know that the original text was copied from another source and not typed directly in editor, and I fix it - but it has happened very seldom. It really is not a big deal.

• Ha ha ha ha ha ha :P

I'm sorry dude, but if your argument was to hope to suggest people go back to CKeditor, you've picked a lost cause. The future is mobile and Redactor is very light, fast, and mobile friendly.

I was the person who made the original request for WBB to use Redactor in the next version. I made the request when 4.0 was in beta. As far as I know it was the 1st approved request for 4.1 :whistling:

I love the new editor :love:

• Well, I showed above that it happens just the same with another forum software. This seems to happen whenever text is not typed directly in the editor, but copied from webpages. As I said, really a non issue since it's expected

You keep saying copied... I used the quote button so this should be done internally and all bb code transferred with it. At least in an idea world that is how one would assume the software would work... Again, not copying anything.

I cannot reproduce this on any current development. Even phpBB kept the line breaks.

• Is posible add memes in the smileys of Woltlab.com? XD

Ha ha ha ha

You're evil :P

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• You keep saying copied

Yes, because I was referring to the text that was indeed "copied" from a webpage, just like Aethior did in his lorem ipsum case. He copied the text from a wepage in the editor, then quoted it in the next reply, hence inheriting the line breaks. That's all I'm saying, and I usually expect such behavior.

Maybe the editor should handle this differently, and simply import bbcodes verbatim, even when text was originally copied before it was quoted. It's all good either way ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!