IPB 3 to WBB 4.1 ?

• I have a forum powered by IPB 3.4.7 . Is there any direct way of importing it to WBB 4.1.?

my language forum is persian with encoding UTF-8

• hi @Andrea Berg

thanks for your reply , i don't want translation . your product have Ability to Display right to left?

see this Ability in IPB

• oh that be nice
    , can you explain more about converting ? it's plugin or what ?

with screen can help me to better understanding

• You can find instructions in our blog: Switching to Burning Board 4

Most of the work is performed by the importer for you. Actually, your only work is to choose what data should be imported and enter the login information for the database from ipb.

i read in a few site after converting to Burning Board all posts and persian word be like this

برترین شما نزد ما بهتری سال 94 به نظر سال پر کس Ùˆ کون Ùˆ موÙقیتی است

ن شماست و بهترین شما همانا برترین شماست!!!

i wanna import my IPB forum to wbb

there is no way to fix that ? ;(

Edited once, last by khafan11 ().

• This is the first time we hear of such a problem. Do you have a link to the source for this?

i'm sorry to say that , but i test that personally with nulled of your script . and import some small forum IPB with persian posts and users. that Just happened. of course it's just for test i want to buy your products ,but first i have to be sure there is no problem to convert .

• Would you be so kind to provide us your test data, so that we can reproduce the problem? You can send us the data via Conversation (our website runs completely via TLS).

The data will be deleted after the tests.

Check Your PM

• Would you be so kind to provide us your test data, so that we can reproduce the problem? You can send us the data via Conversation (our website runs completely via TLS).

The data will be deleted after the tests.

i'm try to fix that , with this ALTER TABLE mytable CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 but nothing happen and afrer convert still all characters are broken

one more thing when i convert that to xenforo it's all fine !!without any problem !! :/

Edited 2 times, last by khafan11 ().

• Thank you for providing the data.

The tables in your backup are all latin1 encoded. Therefore, the special characters are already broken there.

You must fix the characters in the source database.

Has Any Progress Been Made ?

• Hi
    After to many try i fix the utf problem , it's fine now , ipb to xenforo and xenforo to woltlab :S

but now i lost all my likes of posts .

and one more problem i have pack of smilies in ipb how can i add all of them in woltlab ? Currently you can only add smilies one-by-one, which can take a long time when adding a lot of new smilies.

It would be great if we could mass add smilies by entering the location to the folder where all the smilies are, then it loads all the images located in that folder, then you enter the names and codes for each of them in a list.

it's there any way to change LTR Posts to RTL ? somting like this ?
    http://web.archive.org/web/201…iantools.com/t241882.html

• Hey @khafan11,

were the post likes still present in the XenForo installation or were they gone there too?

Nevertheless, it sounds a bit odd to me that the charset conversation did not work for you. Changing the charset MySQL uses for the tables should actually convert the stored data, but chances are some kind of double encoding took place. Unfortunately @Andrea Berg is on vacation, so may I ask you to provide me with a copy of the necessary data so I can run some tests against it locally?

Second, there is not bulk import for smileys, but we could create one for you which simply reads a directory and adds the to the database. Afterwards one would be required to manually set the smiley codes and names in the ACP, this is nothing such a dumb import can do.

Third: Text-direction is language dependent, you can edit the phrase "wcf.global.pageDirection" for the language of your choice from "ltr" to "rtl" and you'll have the same result as seen on the link.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• how can i fix the smiley problem ? :)
    about wcf.global.pageDirection when i change LTR to RTL all page change to RTL ! i just want to change postbit see this , you know what i mean http://web.archive.org/web/201…iantools.com/t241882.html

woow great , it's work now 8o:thumbsup: