About the WBB 4.1 update cost .. A bit expensive for such a little update version...

• About the WBB 4.1 update cost .. A bit expensive for such a little update version...

I'm sorry but i would just give my opinion about the new wbb release ( 4.1 ). This release look more like a bugfix release ( with few enhancements such as the integration of a new WYSIWYG editor ) than a true major release which can explain the update cost. Seriously, I've not read the full changelog but by reading the announcement on your forum, I can say that I'm a bit disappointed...

@Alexander Ebert I can understand that you need money for live but as a developer, I can say that it's not really serious ;)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von i-MSCP (1. März 2015 um 19:17)

• @[FFW] Patric

Thank you for the link ;)

The most interesting enhancement seem to be the Paid Subscription module ;) Still that I must see if it can interact with filebase (our plugin store).

@Alexander Ebert

What about filebase ? Does the current version is still compatible with WBB 4.1? What about Paid support for filebase? In the current release, I can see some hidden parts which belong to paid support but this is not fully implemented. Does the wbb 4.1 solves that issue with the paid subscription layer?

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von i-MSCP (1. März 2015 um 19:05)

• What about filebase ? Does the current version still compatible with WBB 4.1?

Yes. See here: Patch Day 2015-01-16

What about Paid subscription for filebase? In the current filebase release, I can see some hidden parts which belong to paid support but this is not fully implemented. Does wbb 4.1 solve that?

No. The last update of the Filebase includes only bugfixes and compatibility for the WCF 2.1. Version 4.1 is only an update of the Burning Board forum software.

• @[FFW] Patric

Sure ;) But because WBB 4.1 provides specific ACL through its Paid subscription layer, I wonder if we can give access only to some parts (section) of filebase ;)

• The paid subscriptions are made for user groups. With this user groups you can control the access to your filebase sections, yes :)

I thought you meant the function to buy a simple single file (look like the plugin store).

• @[FFW] Patric

Sure, that is what I expects with filebase but... It seem that this will stay a dream ;) So here, the workaround with WBB 4.1 will be to create a section per file (per plugin) OUCH...

Thank you for your answers ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!