Page loading in layers

• Betroffene App
    WoltLab Suite Forum

I do not know what to call this, but its been happening more actually. I call it loading in layers. I know it wasn't like this before, but it is becoming more and more noticeable. This is happening here on Woltlab.com and not on any of my test installs.

click to enlarge photo

• Yup. I had the same "issue" with CloudFlare enable. Once I disabled it pages loaded normally and quickly.

Your dislike for Cloudflare is encourageable :P If you know of another free alternative, let everyone know. :P

Looks like a browser glitch to me.

Firefox and Opera... It only started today... As if the site was loading slower.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0

• I never lost advantages by disabling it, I just got way less headaches. I'm glad CF has treated you well though. To each one their own ;)

It's given me headaches too, but beyond just installing CSF on my server... I'd like an extra layer of protection without further added cost.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I played around a bit with the forum index trying to get to anything close that you've encountered.

The most interesting part is the board list itself, the background of each item reveals the background image, but with a white shade above it, similar to using transparency. My first guess was that the downloaded CSS file was corrupt, but there is only one background color set for these items and it is a solid color. A corrupt file would explain if something was missing, but it never adds things like in your case.

Next there are 3 distinct odd things: The board list, the search input and the breadcrumb. The declarations for them are at three completely different locations inside the compiled stylesheet, so even if a bit was missing, the result would be something entirely different.

I have zero evidence that this is related to our software and/or CloudFlare, simply because all possible case I can think of would have turned out either sneaky or more devastating. As it stands, it was most likely a browser glitch (maybe ran out of memory?) and thus nothing we can address whatsoever.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!