rc2 - tag is lost after quote or code

• Betroffene App
    WoltLab Suite Forum

Originally found here

tag someone using different font

Just passing it to the bug report. ;)

• You need at least one space or newline after a bbcode to properly mention someone.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• You need at least one space or newline after a bbcode to properly mention someone.

@Netzwerg okay, I hit enter button after the quote bbcode, seeing if this works. Thanks for heads up about this, but not sure if other random registered users will know this by default or after registering though. I think I remember someone saying about the newline or space before, but even I forgot about it. So I'm sure other random users will not know to do this. I suppose I could make a "FAQ" about it.

Yes, seems to work. ;) Not a bug.

• That's not going to be intuitive @Netzwerg

I haven't designed that system. The reasons for it are somewhat technical and have to do with the parsing system itself. I've run into the same technical difficulties with my Hashtagging plugin. If you don't use this kind of bhavior, you get problems with @-Signs in other places, like emails or URL titles, or even quoted mentions.

I do agree, it is not optimal. But I don't see any simple solution except for reworking the whole parser to be context free.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• Offizieller Beitrag

Fixed now, mentions will be detected if:

• Message start
    • Whitespace (spaces, tabs, newlines, etc) in front of it
    • ] in front of it

Please note that the change is already active on woltlab.com, but since parsing of mentions is only done upon save, this won't have an effect on already existing messages.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• Fixed now, mentions will be detected if:

• Message start
    • Whitespace (spaces, tabs, newlines, etc) in front of it
    • ] in front of it

Please note that the change is already active on woltlab.com, but since parsing of mentions is only done upon save, this won't have an effect on already existing messages.

Thank you @Alexander Ebert I love how quick Woltlab works :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!