App developers

• Hi

I'm interested to know: are there any developers on this forum that could be hired to create custom plug-ins or apps for Burning Board? I know for a fact that IPB and XenForo have many developers on their support forums that create custom apps for reasonable sums of money. Does WoltLab have any?

For example, if I will buy Burning Board 4.1, I would really like to have the latest 5 status updates in a block in the sidebar, like IPB has, but there is no such thing in the WoltLab filebase. Also, a music player on the member's profiles (like IPB's profile song app) and a profile banner plug-in would be very useful.

If there are any programmers who could develop these apps for a price, I will buy a BB license. This software seems really modern and slick and I would love to use it, but the lack of important features that exist on IPB makes my current members be skeptical about it...

• Hi @Mistah J,

Here, in the pre-sale questions forum, only we employees can respond,

Why? In the IPB pre-sales questions forum everyone can respond, but the threads have to be approved by a moderator before they are visible on the forum. It seems more productive in that way, as it offers the developers and the more knowledgeable clients the possibility to help out the newbies. :|

So, basically, now I am forced to buy a software without knowing in advance if I can find any developer to create the custom apps I want or - if I do find one - what price it will cost me. ?(

Could you at least approximate whether the commission for a plug-in that makes the last 5 status updates appear in the sidebar would cost me less than $100? :/

• Offizieller Beitrag

If we create the plugin for you, then it will cost more. You have to negotiate the price with the third-party developer. Check out the plugin store for a suitable developer and then write him a conversation or e-mail.

• Check out the plugin store for a suitable developer and then write him a conversation or e-mail.

Most of the plugins are in German... What kind of madness is this? I just spent a couple of hours looking through the Plugin Store and noticed that 90% of the plugins and apps, and their comments, are in German. Some of the ones that are in English have links to additional plugins (or support topics) that can be found on German-speaking forums/websites.

Serious question: do you cater to international clients? :/

• Offizieller Beitrag

All Plugins in the store are available in German and English. Otherwise they won't be released in the store. Most of our customers are german, therefor they speak German. We can not force them to speak another language. Even not in their own forums. Questions will be answered in English as well.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!