Sidebar - About sidebar size and recommended ads

• Medium rectangle (300 x 250) is the most used and recommended by Google ad for sidebars/laterals. Now the sidebar width is 300px and is not posible use this ad. Is possible do the sidebar a little more big? (for example 320px - 300px + 10px margin)

- About Medium rectangle (300 x 250):

The sizes we've found to be the most effective are the 336x280 large rectangle, the 300x250 medium rectangle, the 728x90 leaderboard, the 300x600 half page, and on mobile the 320x100 large mobile banner.

Also known as a "medium rectangle". Tends to have more ad inventory available from advertisers, which can increase earnings when both text and image ads are enabled.

- Example:

- Recommendations:

Edited 2 times, last by Aethior ().

• You're free to edit your style and set the width of the sidebar to 320px.
    If you need any help for this customization feel free to ask. :)

Plugins, Designs, Hosting, Support und mehr: KittMedia

• Hi @Black Rider :)

Thanks for your help but I think this suggestion is necessary for all customers. The ad improvement is specially designed for Adsense or similar system (Woltlab wants a easy way for users). Google's tips are important and I think Woltlab should consider this suggestion.

We are trying to get the best product among all. Google says what is the better ad for sidebar and I think all customers want to get the most benefit from Adsense.

Edit. This ad is the most used, is practically a "standard" in the web.

- Examples:

Edited 4 times, last by Aethior ().

• Hi @snowsteve,

Unfortunately I don't have a solution but I have a one recommendation. Are you using Google Adsense?

Current Sidebar (top) and Sidebar (bottom) positions can violate the adsense policies.

Adsense does not allow hidden ads and the sidebar can expand or collapse.

• @Aethior There is a special CSS class boxBorderless that can be applied to a box in the ACP. It removes the background color and padding, granting the full width, just as you suggested ;)

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• @Aethior There is a special CSS class boxBorderless that can be applied to a box in the ACP. It removes the background color and padding, granting the full width, just as you suggested ;)

And you can apply a different style for each box? For example, only remove the background for ads boxes?