blog count is counted toward user post count

• App
    WoltLab Suite Blog

So many people use user group promotions as a form to help against spam... ie... You need X many post before you are upgraded to Y user group in order to post a link (url).

For example, a user who has 25 blog post, but zero (0) forum post, shouldn't be excluded from being upgraded into Y user group.

• You can already do that with activity points.

If you have a group that get's automatically assigned at 100 activity points, then it doesn't matter how you get activity points. You can set up activity points i the ACP as you like. There is points for threads, posts and also blog posts, as well as images in the gallery and what not. So if you get 5 points per post and 5 points per thread you get to the group with 20 posts or with 20 blog entries or with 10 posts and 10 blog entries ;)

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• Well the blog isn't updated to WCF 2.1 yet and the new condition system is part of WCF 2.1. So I'm fairly sure that an explicit option for it in the condition system will come with Community Blog 2.1

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• You can already do that with activity points.

If you have a group that get's automatically assigned at 100 activity points, then it doesn't matter how you get activity points. You can set up activity points i the ACP as you like. There is points for threads, posts and also blog posts, as well as images in the gallery and what not. So if you get 5 points per post and 5 points per thread you get to the group with 20 posts or with 20 blog entries or with 10 posts and 10 blog entries ;)

I'd rather something outside the point system.

Reason:

If you posted 1 post and got 10 likes (people being friendly to a newbie), your 2nd post could be spam. And I wouldn't want points to have to be very high for something interesting to happen.

You want to encourage and welcome new people... ie... Make them feel they're achieving something (sooner, rather than later).

So I'd rather have it associated with post count.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Aslan (2. Januar 2015 um 16:14)

• As I said, it will likely be in Blog 2.1 since he new condition system is part of WCF 2.1 (and Blog 2.0 is based on WCF 2.0).

If you posted 1 post and got 10 likes (people being friendly to a newbie), your 2nd post could be spam.

The problem is still there if you are using the post count. If the second post is spam it's spam, no matter if you are using post count or activity points.

Maybe only giving activity points for likes could be an idea in that case.

• As I said, it will likely be in Blog 2.1 since he new condition system is part of WCF 2.1 (and Blog 2.0 is based on WCF 2.0).

The problem is still there if you are using the post count. If the second post is spam it's spam, no matter if you are using post count or activity points.

Maybe only giving activity points for likes could be an idea in that case.

Ideally, one would want such an individual to contribute BEFORE you ban them for spamming. So I would rather have their 25 forum post or blog post and if 26 is spam, I can ban them, and keep the 25 valued conversations.

The point system alone would be counter productive in your example, because 1 post could quickly earn them 25 points.

• Ideally, one would want such an individual to contribute BEFORE you ban them for spamming. So I would rather have their 25 forum post or blog post and if 26 is spam, I can ban them, and keep the 25 valued conversations.

The point system alone would be counter productive in your example, because 1 post could quickly earn them 25 points.

I'm having a little difficulty following your thoughts.

What do the activity points have to do with banning? I mean clearly nobody wants spam and nobody wants spam and I think it's reasonable not to want spam to affect any metrics you use (be it post count, activity points or what not). So if they post 25 good posts, they would have a post count of 25 or - if you use let's say 5 points per post - 125 activity points. If the 26th is spam, they'd have a post count of 26 or 130 activity points. How you deal with that is another topic entirely. I'd simply delete that post, thus reducing the post count back to 25 and activity points back to 125 and maybe, if appropriate, use the infcation system so that repeated offenses would at some point ban the user (Banning for one bad post is a little bit extreme imho).

In what way would the actvity points be counter productive in my example, contrary to using the post count?

• I see members still can't earn points for wall COMMENTS, blog COMMENTS or gallery COMMENTS.

A points system that doesn't reward such huge engagement areas?

That sucks.

Likewise you cannot be promoted for such activity, that really sucks.

I'm betting you can still spam comments to timbukto because there is no moderation gate and no censorship filter?

Meh. Design Fail.

• I'm having a little difficulty following your thoughts.

What do the activity points have to do with banning? I mean clearly nobody wants spam and nobody wants spam and I think it's reasonable not to want spam to affect any metrics you use (be it post count, activity points or what not). So if they post 25 good posts, they would have a post count of 25 or - if you use let's say 5 points per post - 125 activity points. If the 26th is spam, they'd have a post count of 26 or 130 activity points. How you deal with that is another topic entirely. I'd simply delete that post, thus reducing the post count back to 25 and activity points back to 125 and maybe, if appropriate, use the infcation system so that repeated offenses would at some point ban the user (Banning for one bad post is a little bit extreme imho).

In what way would the actvity points be counter productive in my example, contrary to using the post count?

I did not follow you.... Let me keep this simple

• There are other ways people can earn points.
    • You want newbies to earn points QUICKLY to feel as though they are achieving things
    • You want newbies to be awarded a trophy or title or X sooner than later, to encourage them
    • You do not want a spammer to earn point before reaching X post, but still NEED the ABOVE to be true
    • IF you are going to be spammed, you may as well force that person to add some valid content
    • Upon their spam, you can ban them, but you keep the valid content
    • If points add up quickly, the above will not be true

This is why it should be by post count.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!