[4.1 beta 1] Extra space lines automatically added

• Betroffene App
    WoltLab Suite Forum

editor ends up with extra space lines --- test

As shown above, when you type in normal text.

Press the ENTER KEY twice, so you would have only 1 empty line above

Then change the text size, you end up with 2 spaces where there should have been only 1

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Aslan (16. Dezember 2014 um 04:40) aus folgendem Grund: originally said, space bar... meant enter key.

• Sorry, i don't get what you try to point out here.

Using space bar once, twice or more should never result in a new line and this is what you claim here imo.

EDIT:

Testing it now:
    using space bar twice> <Result
    using space bar 5 times> <Result

• Sorry, i don't get what you try to point out here.

Using space bar once, twice or more should never result in a new line and this is what you claim here imo.

EDIT:

Testing it now:
    using space bar twice> <Result
    using space 5 times> <Result

Complete mistype on my part. I fixed post #1

It should have read, "enter key". The lack of sleep I'm having .... lol .... No wonder why it made no sense. lol

• Space Key: > <
    Enter Key: >
    <
    The first one is a space, generated by pressing the space bar, the second one a newline or line break, generated with the enter or return key.

"spacing" between paragraphs is achieved with line breaks, not with actual spaces. Spaces separate words (and, when you are not on the web where multiple spaces are collasped into one), can be used to add varied spacing between words.

The editor seems to insert superfluos / unwanted line breaks.

But I'm having trouble reproducing this in Chrome. Which browser are you using?
    Nvm, the WYSIWYG editor shows one line, after submitting there is a superfluos empty line.

Its because superfluos [.size=XX][/.size] tags get added which add a break even if empty.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!