XML sitemap

• shop.stagetwo.eu/ is available here!

Would love to see the site map as an independent modification. I'm a bit uneasy using a 3rd party for url structure, so I'm uncomfortable installing the whole plugin.

However, I would happily buy the site map if it was its own independent addon. :)

• Currently these Features are bundled to one Plugin.
    I'ts an Option to extract the Features into several plugins. So Instead of one i could be 3 Plugins for URL Modification, Redirects and Sitemaps

But I mean, even if it is one Plugin you can just use 1 functionality. If you do not setup URL Modification the Sitemap will work with the Standard URL.
    I use the SEO since some weeks on 4.1 and do not have any problems. (on Apache)
    Cheers, Jens

• No it won't come to woltlab store anymore and also i'm not able to import all existing customers from Woltlab store.

Then its a no go for me, not going to pay 15 € again for the same addon(s)! It was nice for version 4.0.x. The only really useful addon was the seo pages addon, so i could an a decent description in the meta-tags and a more user friendly on the board itself, but also this one is not needed.

• This is something I think would serve better internally, than depending on a 3rd party that may or may not support things and may or may not ask people to buy things again.

Woltlab would offer better stability and when it comes to your SEO rating you don't want to take chances. Woltlab would be guarantee support and development, without the drama if this was added to the core. :)

• This is something I think would serve better internally, than depending on a 3rd party that may or may not support things and may or may not ask people to buy things again.

Woltlab would offer better stability and when it comes to your SEO rating you don't want to take chances. Woltlab would be guarantee support and development, without the drama if this was added to the core. :)

Of course if you agree with that and I see a few here do given they keep liking my post... I would recommend you like post #1 so the development at Woltlab can be made aware ;)

XML sitemap

• Offizieller Beitrag

We did not implement XML sitemaps and never will for obvious reasons:

• If you have a new site: Submit your site URL via webmaster tools and select the option to work recursively. This works exactly the same as submitting a sitemap w/o requiring a sitemap
    • Existing site:
      • Popular site: Google will faster index new content that you can submit sitemaps
      • Non popular site: Sitemap submission will speed things up by a few hours at maximum, the more popular your site gets the less time you'll safe
      • You can still submit your page URL and ask google to index it recursively if you really need to

On large sites sitemaps are even worse, because building them requires a lot of resources and time, increasing with the amount of content you have. Google will use the sitemap to queue it up, which in fact is the exact same process as doing nothing.

In order to have a dynamic site properly being added to the index, you would either need to submit sitemaps on an almost hourly basis or just don't do anything and let Google do it themselves.

Sitemaps are a thing of the past era and are as useful as shooting oneself in the foot: Doesn't really help you while wasting your time.

• We did not implement XML sitemaps and never will for obvious reasons:
    If you have a new site: Submit your site URL via webmaster tools and select the option to work recursively. This works exactly the same as submitting a sitemap w/o requiring a sitemap

The official documentation of Bing's Webmaster tools says otherwise. It's only the 2nd largest search engine in America. :rolleyes:

Existing site:
    Popular site: Google will faster index new content that you can submit sitemaps

In a world where real-time is what matters, that's exactly what you want... So why fight it?

On large sites sitemaps are even worse, because building them requires a lot of resources and time, increasing with the amount of content you have. Google will use the sitemap to queue it up, which in fact is the exact same process as doing nothing.

Is there something wrong with Woltlab? There are other developments that index site maps in the millions without issue.

Sitemaps are a thing of the past era and are as useful as shooting oneself in the foot: Doesn't really help you while wasting your time.

Google and Bing disagree.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!