purge personal message (PM) / direct message (DM)

• So you would be surprised to learn how many PM's (we call them DM's for direct messages) your site can accumulate. On one site we actually had more DM's than post. 1 Million PM's (DM's) that no one sees except for the people involved and they likely only will read it or review it for so long.

I think there should be an option to purge PM's or they should expire after X amount of time.

• I don't really like this idea. It shouldnt be the administrator's decision, how long i keep my PM's (DM's). There might be some important stuff, which i don't want to get deleted after X days.

• I don't really like this idea. It shouldnt be the administrator's decision, how long i keep my PM's (DM's). There might be some important stuff, which i don't want to get deleted after X days.

The idea of having a million dead PM's isn't a good idea either. But I do respect the fact that perhaps this isn't for everyone, so I think an option should be in order. Let each individual site decide what works best for them :)

Edited once, last by Aslan ().