New to this template system

• Hey, I'm trying to design wbb to my own style, but the problem is I cant understand the template system. I've used xf, ipb and mybb softwares must say they weren't this complicated to find out how to use the templates or edit themes.

So I started by creating a new theme (obviously), I made it as display then I created a new template then I saw a problem with these... There's no templates, there's no CSS ? So it doesn't create them automatically, or then I must make them all by myself ? Well if anyone can link me an basic instruction for this how can I edit the css and I would be okay really.

Hope you can help me.

• If you create a new template group, then you can choose parent template group. So you only need to create the tamplates that you want to change. If your template group does not contain the template, the template engine looks in the parent template group recursively until the template is found in the defualt templates.

You do not need to copy all default templates over to your own template group. Just copy over the template you want to change. All others are fetched from the default templates then.

CSS is inserted in the "Additional CSS & LESSdeclarations" in the style editor (click on "edit" on your style and navigate to the last tab).

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• If you create a new template group, then you can choose parent template group. So you only need to create the tamplates that you want to change. If your template group does not contain the template, the template engine looks in the parent template group recursively until the template is found in the defualt templates.

You do not need to copy all default templates over to your own template group. Just copy over the template you want to change. All others are fetched from the default templates then.

CSS is inserted in the "Additional CSS & LESSdeclarations" in the style editor (click on "edit" on your style and navigate to the last tab).

If you create a new template group, then you can choose parent template group. So you only need to create the tamplates that you want to change. If your template group does not contain the template, the template engine looks in the parent template group recursively until the template is found in the defualt templates.

Where would I exactly edit the menu html in templates ? seeing the css, well this is kinda weird to me, but ill get used to it :D

• The question is: what do you want to change ?
    You can edit all Mein Menue Entrys in the ACP without changing the Template...

Well I'll show a pic in abit if I dont get it to working. Tho mostly I'd want the menu html code, up to the code of the logo so the logo wouldn't break.

• You would just add the proper CSS to the additional CSS declarations. Bear in mind that you might need to use selector with high enough specificity. Just check out the styling of the main menu via developer tools (included in every major browser) and override it with custom css.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!