blog comments - attachments and photos

• App
    WoltLab Suite Blog

This is something my community has repeatedly asked for over and over again... To be able to add attachments or photos into blog comments.

• I just spent forever trying to explain how to hotlink a photo in a blog comment... Hotlinking is actually a feature I have thought about disabling, site wide, for various reasons.

The power to have someone be able to upload a photo into a blog comment would be VERY useful.

• I don't really like the idea of comments getting blown way out of proportion.

Comments already got much to "fat" for my taste and adding more and more features will just transform the blog into a forum. If you want the blog to be like the board, just use the board in the first place and transform the templates a little bit.

Most blogs do not need nor want full blown threads as comments. They just want to have the ability ta add small comments. Take a look at the most sucessfull blogs - they all just have small comments. Some even use Disqus, which also has a very narrow set of features.

Pouring more and more features into something doesn't necesarrily make it better. But then again I've moved away from the WL blog a long time ago, so what do I care.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• I don't really like the idea of comments getting blown way out of proportion.

Comments already got much to "fat" for my taste and adding more and more features will just transform the blog into a forum. If you want the blog to be like the board, just use the board in the first place and transform the templates a little bit.

Most blogs do not need nor want full blown threads as comments. They just want to have the ability ta add small comments. Take a look at the most sucessfull blogs - they all just have small comments. Some even use Disqus, which also has a very narrow set of features.

Pouring more and more features into something doesn't necesarrily make it better. But then again I've moved away from the WL blog a long time ago, so what do I care.

Because its what we have no and we need to upgrade, not downgrade in features. Blog communities tend to have as much feature rich content as possible.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!