accessibility

• App
    WoltLab Suite Forum

Some communities have individuals who are older and do not have near as perfect eyesight. In the past, I would simply develop a style that would have larger text completely dedicated for this reason.

However, I find the older generation has no concept of changing styles and of course the few who do usually like style X so I end up making that one also with large text and this repeats indefinitely.

Rather than making independent style for senior citizens, it would be so much easier to add 1 simple accessibility feature such as the one used on Europe's Domain Authority's website

http://www.eurid.eu/accessibility

^ When clicking the link you'll notice 3 letter

Clicking these will automatically adjust the font size for people. The scrip is very straight forward and easy to replicate

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, these people better adjust their OS and/or browser font size, browsers perfectly scale pages (we're no longer in the IE6 stone-ages!). The benefits of this approach is, that every site will now be properly readable instead of only pages which offer this.

My point is, that such a feature is completely pointless because the browser already do a perfect job at this.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• Ctrl + Mouse Wheel works wonders (in most browsers).

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• Well, these people better adjust their OS and/or browser font size, browsers perfectly scale pages (we're no longer in the IE6 stone-ages!). The benefits of this approach is, that every site will now be properly readable instead of only pages which offer this.

My point is, that such a feature is completely pointless because the browser already do a perfect job at this.

Ctrl + Mouse Wheel works wonders (in most browsers).

Most senior citizens know how to open the browser, suff, post, and use email. That is the full extent of their skills. But they do understand and recognize the universal enlarge text symbol which Europe's Domain Authority.

Just a thought. I personally use 150 zoom on my browser. If I didn't, my text would be like

this

^ everywhere. But I fear most do not know how to do that.

I can see were Adam is coming from

Does the forums work for screen sharing

You actually bring up a good point. :thumbup:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!