New Features in Burning Board 4.1: Ads

The example shows some of the possible ad locations, for example the global position above the navigation or next to your site logo. In addition to these global placeholders, there are some more specific ones, for example Burning Board 4.1 offers you to place an ad within (or after) the first post and ads every X posts (2, 3, 5 and 10). All you need to do is to grab the HTML code provided by ad providers and paste it into the ad input field. You can now chose where the ad should be displayed and optionally bind it to conditions, such as disabling them for a premium usergroup or your staff:

Combined with the ability to limit display based upon the time and by user language, you can target different target audiences and provide them with the most suitable ads to increase the effectiveness and revenue. The tabs Contents and Personal Data provide an even more fine-grained targeting of users. It is worth noting that the conditions are only evaluated internally to decide what ad to display and are not transmitted to any 3rd party, preserving the data privacy of your users.

Comments 18

Also,
Google Adsense Ad "Responsive" test please
No advertising
Thanks

@Kerem
I have no idea what you want to say. Can you explain?

Hello,

google ad code Safari

for your information

@Aethior I've used the thread page as an example because it offers many different placeholders for ads. Please check the beta once released to see if it does met your requirements, otherwise raise a suggestion in the dedicated forum section.

Hi @Alexander Ebert.

Your example show ads into the threads but is there option to show ads in the board list?

I really want to try this improvement.

Thanks. :)

Example:
woltlab.com/attachment/97106/

Looking forward to this update, thanks.

Well, I think 2-3 month at least for beta wouldn't be so far off. But my guess would be a shorter beta then for 4.0, too.

@lycra how long do you think until a official release of 4.1

Its like Netzwerk said, there are no official comments on when the new release will be out. But my guess would even be around 12th of December since I dont think the beta phase will last as long as the one for WBB 4.0. Or at least I hope :D

It's done when it's done. Start of a beta phase at the end of the year / beginning of 2015 would be my guess.

@lycra how long do you think until a official release of 4.1

Were can I download this from

My community is an ad free community, but I guess this maybe helpful for others... So good job :)

It is very usefull :) , for you too . You can make some money (free) with this ads.

My community is an ad free community, but I guess this maybe helpful for others... So good job :)