Suggest you Remove PATH_INFO dependency

• My suggestion is that you PLEASE remove the dependency regarding PATH_INFO. As far as I know WBB is the only development that seems to have this requirement.

It really can prove problematic, but it's also being phased out / depreciated.

• I have applied a bunch of changes to the current development version of WCF 2.1, these changes will change the URL structure:

• WCF 2.0: index.php/Thread/123-Title/ (requires PATH_INFO)
    • WCF 2.1+: ?Thread/123-Title/ (requires absolutely nothing)

Since all URLs within the software are built on-the-fly, this change will not cause troubles for existing plugins or application. To ensure compatibility with the URL structure used by WCF 2.0, there is an option in the ACP which will toggle the behavior to handle URLs either like WCF 2.0 or 2.1.

Long story short: WCF 2.1 will use the new URL structure by default, users upgrading from WCF 2.0 can keep their existing URLs to avoid issues (e.g. URLs being crawled by search engines). That's why I love our modular approach, I simply change a few things at one place and the change will be reflected by the entire system.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH