Random Thoughts & chat

• I got trolled by a developer for telling the truth and trying to rewrite history (the whole censor argument). And I ended up with a product that is incompatible with the software I use (MariaDB) with no work around (something others have provided elsewhere).

That simply isn't true. I know how easy it can be to get defensive when things don't work out how we thought or wanted. But come on, the bug was confirmed in MariaDB. I've been a WoltLab customer for four months, and even then, I probably could have seen this day coming.

One time Throwholics called me out for posting image links instead of attachments in a support question. Instead of arguing about it, I edited the post and changed them to attachments. I've seen you claim something like you argue in order to "have a laugh." Sometimes we all need to have one at ourselves as well. As far as I'm concerned, once MariaDB confirmed the bug, you were off the hook, and it was a useful thing that you uncovered. All we had to do was wait for them to fix it (and, since the bug is to do with obeying standards, I'd assume it has high priority). I don't know why you couldn't abide that.

• Think what annoyed him is that he claims he can't just change things on his VPS. So he's stuck with not being able to use WBB in meantime and his host might only update MariaDB in 6-12 months time (who knows). So from that side of things I can see why he was annoyed, he wanted to use WBB but felt like now he couldn't while all other forum software worked fine running it.

But doesn't matter now, he sold his license on to another since.

• @Aslan Well, it is not right to attack Woltlab for a bug of MariaDB. Whether other softwares work or not, MariaDB has accepted that the bug is theirs and will fix it. Now it is sheer bad luck that you are on a server which uses Maria DB and the latest version and the host would not downgrade for you nor you have an option to move out or get refund to move to another server. We cannot have Woltlab rewritten so that a bugged software can be supported. MariaDB must fix their issues and upload a new version as soon as possible. I had faced a problem, but since I use VPS, I quickly downgraded to 10.0.20 and everything is going smooth. I would not have shifted to IPB, IPB alone costs massive amounts more than WBB. I'd rather take a new hosting which would be cheaper option than to go with IPB unless ofcourse IPB offers features that are required and needed to maintain your website.

Think what annoyed him is that he claims he can't just change things on his VPS. So he's stuck with not being able to use WBB in meantime and his host might only update MariaDB in 6-12 months time (who knows). So from that side of things I can see why he was annoyed, he wanted to use WBB but felt like now he couldn't while all other forum software worked fine running it.

Yes but blaming WBB for something that is not their mistake is also wrong. It is simply bad luck, call it bad luck and move on but no need to attack Woltlab because they haven't done anything wrong. Blame MariaDB for the bug, its MariaDB because of which he is not able to use WBB, not WBB developers.

Anyway, in a VPS you have full control over the server, you can upgrade/downgrade easily. Nobody will stop you. Only problem are Shared Hosting where they don't allow as lots of other websites share the server.

:):):):love::love::love::love:

• I have said this a dozen times and it keeps getting ignored.... But I'll say it again...

The whole MariaDB issue was not the only reason why I sold my licenses. There are many reasons beyond that.

I got trolled by a developer for telling the truth and trying to rewrite history (the whole censor argument).

For example, This single sentence (above) has NOTHING to do with MariaDB.

• Yes but blaming WBB for something that is not their mistake is also wrong.

The issue is not only MariaDB, he also had an issue with how the censor function works... i'm not saying he's a bad person, i just think he always wants to be right, wants to have it HIS way and if they don't agree he gets pissed...

Ah well, lets close the subject and move on to a other thing :)

• For example, This single sentence (above) has NOTHING to do with MariaDB.

Forget about the horrid buggy state IPB is in for a second, if you think you were censored here, just wait until you see how Charles and the IPB gang treat ya over there.

• The issue is not only MariaDB, he also had an issue with how the censor function works... i'm not saying he's a bad person, i just think he always wants to be right, wants to have it HIS way and if they don't agree he gets pissed...
    Ah well, lets close the subject and move on to a other thing :)

I don't have to be right all the time (nor do I want to be as sometimes I'd do better to be wrong). But when I am right I don't back down. Just as when I do tell the truth... I don't back down.

• Forget about the horrid buggy state IPB is in for a second, if you think you were censored here, just wait until you see how Charles and the IPB gang treat ya over there.

Never said I was censored here (or that was an issue). So far all is well on IP.Board (all is well on XenForo too, surprisingly... see how long that last. lol ).

This will be my last post. I'm handing over this account to @Sami Jalal (who is pending transfer of a few things).

• I have said this a dozen times and it keeps getting ignored.... But I'll say it again...

The whole MariaDB issue was not the only reason why I sold my licenses. There are many reasons beyond that.

For example, This single sentence (above) has NOTHING to do with MariaDB.

Some or the other problem may be seen/faced everywhere. Nevertheless, one should stay where they are happy and comfortable. Good luck with IPB.

:):):):love::love::love::love:

• What? Are you saying they have not fixed the issue reported in next version also?

I am running on the latest beta tree, which is 10.1.x where production is 10.0.x.

10.1.6 did not have this problem, 10.1.7 recently came out, and has this problem. You would have thought since it was discovered in production 10.0.x they would not have carried it forward into the beta tree, but they did and it broke WBB again.

So it is broken in the latest prod release 10.0.21 and beta release 10.1.7.

• 10.1.6 did not have this problem, 10.1.7 recently came out, and has this problem. You would have thought since it was discovered in production 10.0.x they would not have carried it forward into the beta tree, but they did and it broke WBB again.

So it is broken in the latest prod release 10.0.21 and beta release 10.1.7.

So it seems like they fixed the issue reported since in 10.1.6 release, and have now reintroduced it again in version after it. Odd?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!