Random Thoughts & chat

• Or I could just throw some beans on the cheese on toast

You are british?!....

Random thought..

When is filebase beta 2 coming? I don't think there is anything more to learn from beta 1. Whatever bugs could be found have been reported and most will not install it until beta 2, because of the missing thread feature. Having an extended beta 1 phase and possibly a short beta 2 phase, isn't going to benefit.

Same goes for Gallery 2.1 and calendar 2.1.....
    I hope they are going to finalise it soon...

• Random thought..

When is filebase beta 2 coming? I don't think there is anything more to learn from beta 1. Whatever bugs could be found have been reported and most will not install it until beta 2, because of the missing thread feature. Having an extended beta 1 phase and possibly a short beta 2 phase, isn't going to benefit.

They got released just now. How was that for timing after your post made... they came an hour later. Do more moaning Adam, things get done faster... :P

• They got released just now. How was that for timing after your post made... they came an hour later. Do more moaning Adam, things get done faster...

Ha ha ha ha ha :P

I don't technically, moan. I do however have the good talent of stating the obvious, when it's being ignored or neglected. :P

• They got released just now. How was that for timing after your post made... they came an hour later. Do more moaning Adam, things get done faster... :P

Ha ha ha ha ha

I don't technically, moan. I do however have the good talent of stating the obvious, when it's being ignored or neglected.

• Hmm... I have WBB 4.1 installed on my locahost for testing offline. I downloaded the new Beta 2 versions which seem to use the same 2.1 Framework, how do you install lets say the FileBase with forum. I tried browsing upload package and that doesn't work, neither does putting the files in wamp WWW folder and running install work because it says a version of framework was already detected installed.

I can install them on their own, but wanted to see if they could be added to forum as extras testing

• Hmm... I have WBB 4.1 installed on my locahost for testing offline. I downloaded the new Beta 2 versions which seem to use the same 2.1 Framework, how do you install lets say the FileBase with forum. I tried browsing upload package and that doesn't work, neither does putting the files in wamp WWW folder and running install work because it says a version of framework was already detected installed.

I can install them on their own, but wanted to see if they could be added to forum as extras testing

Use the upgrade package... That will install it like any other addon. If you downloaded the full package, it will assume you wanted to start fresh.

edit:@Morik got to it faster than me :P

• It says this and the upgrade package doesn't work either if you try and add any of them to latest WBB 4.1

Zitat

The beta versions do not support an update yet, upgrade ability will be added with the next release.

• It says this and the upgrade package doesn't work either if you try and add any of them to latest WBB 4.1

Yes, you should not try to update 4.0.x packages in 4.1.x packages, yet... That isn't supported. Nor is it supported to upgrade the 2.0.x add-ons to 2.1.x, yet.

WoltLab's wording is a bit funny when they count their own official addons.

They see it as an upgrade of your site to add more of their official add-ons. So installing the add-ons will work in 4.1.x that don't have any of the 2.0.x official add-ons, but you can install (upgrade) your 4.1.x community by adding the 2.1.x add-ons.

• Added to my watch list... Will buy this once I buy filebase 2.1 gold ;)

You not interested in the Modern Shoutbox add-on? Only cost $1.99 and it makes a nice addition for using on the Dashboard landing page. In fact, it gives more of a reason to actually use the Dashboard as landing page having shoutbox located on that page only.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Macondiana (29. Juli 2015 um 18:43)

• In fact, it gives more of a reason to actually use the Dashboard as landing page having shoutbox located on that page only.

I agree. Aside from needing some fine tuning, and maybe an editor toolbar as shoutbox addons for other platforms provide, Modern Shoutbox is a nice addition that could make Dashboard more appealing.

Now, if we only had a powerful, flexible, and fully supported portal plugin (that is not mobahner's), we would be all set ;)

• I agree. Aside from needing some fine tuning, and maybe an editor toolbar as shoutbox addons for other platforms provide, Modern Shoutbox is a nice addition that could make Dashboard more appealing.

It still needs some things polishing in it. The submit button located inside the chat input box causes problems if you show it, it needs be like TimsChat located outside the input box. Other than that, it pretty good and like the fact it's not bloated. Although, I would like to see the ability for users to delete just their own chats and edit chats feature added to it. Sort them 3 things out and it would be great! But the submit button inside input box needs sorting out, because if you write a long message it goes behind the button hidden and you can't edited the text unless you use scroll arrows on keyword.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Macondiana (29. Juli 2015 um 19:38)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!