Random Thoughts & chat

• While on subject... I think this is where a lot of my disappointment comes from

Public Access - Blogs and Gallery

I was reading how things would be improved, but had nothing to see or play with until the release. And its sort of like a slap, because it was right here staring in my face for months on Woltlab.com. But no one here knew what was really coming because we're all not allowed to fully use the blogs here.

On XenForo and IP.Board, you can see and touch what is coming down the line and give feedback. You can't do that here on Woltlab and its very frustrating to only see the end result. It's like bypassing user feedback... ie... It's missing a step.

• Considering that most folks in here argues they had 2 full time and 2 part time.... I'll stand by and say, logically it was argued.

I think you misunderstand...
    Constructive criticism is a must in all developments. So is feedback.

When someone does great... I'm going to be the most vocal person telling people how wonderful I think something is. I'm going to reach such a level, that you'd think I was advertizing or worked for the company.

However, when someone falls short... I'm going to be the most vocal person to draw attention where the ball was dropped and what improvements are needed to such a level that it cannot be easily ignored or dismissed.

I agree. Do not think I dislike Woltlab. I love it. But I want people here to change their mentality and want more, expect more, raise your level of expectation.
    I'm noticing a growing complacency... I want it to be overcome. I want people not to think about yesterday, today, or even tomorrow... I want them thinking about next month and next year.

Calling them complacent is rude. This kind of treatment is why you have been kicked off of how many forum software sites?

• Calling them complacent is rude.

I'm not trying to be rude, but I lack a better word for it... What word would you use to describe the acceptance of 'as is' and the lack of bold advancements? ?(

My message is not so much aimed at the developers, but the community at large.

There seems to be a lack of wanting to add new things. Or a lack of wanting to think outside the box. Or a lack of 3rd party development willing to take changes and risk.

Where is the excitement?

Be bold. Think bigger. Push the envelope.

Where is the demand?

It's not all bad... Woltlab Blogs is the only development that allows users to have multiple blogs. That's bold. That is exciting. That's new and different and something that adds to a level of competition. :thumbup:

This kind of treatment is why you have been kicked off of how many forum software sites?

Zero. None. Na da. For giving feedback and daring others to think outside the box... It's never happen.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Aslan (19. April 2015 um 03:37)

• Pepper on popcorn? I'm going to have to try that in the future...

Yeah, give it a spin. Both salt and pepper give popcorn that little kick that makes it yummier. When I moved to the US a few years back, I was surprised to learn that people here eat popcorn drenched in butter. Not to mention that many love the variety they serve at the movie theater that's sweet and crunchy, which makes popcorn look and taste like granola <X

By the way, if you don't mind spicy and want to take it to the next level, you could still use a pinch of salt and pepper, and then sprinkle popcorn with Tapatio sauce. It's the Mexican variety of hot sauce (it's not liquid fire no worries), very flavored, and makes popcorn taste even better ;)

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von rafix73 (19. April 2015 um 09:40)

• Yeah, give it a spin. Both salt and pepper give popcorn that little kick that makes it yummier. When I moved to the US a few years back, I was surprised to learn that people here eat popcorn drenched in butter. Not to mention that many love the variety they serve at the movie theater that's sweet and crunchy, which makes popcorn look and taste like granola <X
    By the way, if you don't mind spicy and want to take it to the next level, you could still use a pinch of salt and pepper, and then sprinkle popcorn with Tapatio sauce. It's the Mexican variety of hot sauce (it's not liquid fire no worries), very flavored, and makes popcorn taste even better ;)

Something I'll have to try.

I still make my own pop corn. Not just microwave or stove top, but I have an air popper that allows me to make it plain without any flavor, which is good for making things taste as I choose. Of course I can also make kettle-corn, but I guess you'd not have a taste for that given that its usually sweet.

I do like movie style popcorn. I need to get myself a new popcorn maker for that though. While I can mimic it over the stove with a little bit of skill, I'm likely to order myself one of these. As far as I can tell, the best price for it seems to be on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QWCAB4?ie=UTF8&camp=213733&creative=393185&creativeASIN=B000QWCAB4&linkCode=shr&tag=socialuncens-20&linkId=GKM3IFIDCSTQYF44&colid=19TZQ5QWZOZID&coliid=IVCJCC2FV1MX9

But if anyone knows of a better place to get one, I'm all ears. :)

• Sorry but I don't understand how you can compare them to xenforo especially in the context that you were?

Woltlab have done so much more development in comparison it should really be a no brainer. Their forum is better plus they have their own frame work and other additions, blog, gallery etc

Is there more I would love to see fleshed out? yes but things take time and when you consider how active they're in development and fixing issues as they come across them and then compare it to other forum software namely vBulletin because that's easy hehe... I would rather them be prompt fixing problems rather then leaving them to collect dust whilst they work on something else and its own collection of bugs to collect dust.

Heck you get to talk to the developers and get support from them both here and elsewhere, I don't think you can with vBulletin or xenforo? So not only are these developers doing so much more in regards to development, they're also providing you support!

• Sorry but I don't understand how you can compare them to xenforo especially in the context that you were?

Woltlab have done so much more development in comparison it should really be a no brainer. Their forum is better plus they have their own frame work and other additions, blog, gallery etc

Is there more I would love to see fleshed out? yes but things take time and when you consider how active they're in development and fixing issues as they come across them and then compare it to other forum software namely vBulletin because that's easy hehe... I would rather them be prompt fixing problems rather then leaving them to collect dust whilst they work on something else and its own collection of bugs to collect dust.

Heck you get to talk to the developers and get support from them both here and elsewhere, I don't think you can with vBulletin or xenforo? So not only are these developers doing so much more in regards to development, they're also providing you support!

I think we're having a failure to communicate or you're seeing only what you want to see...

I think xenforo as a company sucks. Their software is good, but their support, staff, and community is toxic. I also did not only talk about xenforo... I talked about IP.Board and how they too have a framework, forum, blog, cms, calender, and file manager. So they actually develop MORE than Woltlab in the way of products.

Nowhere did I say I dislike Woltlab or that I thought Woltlab was bad. My overall message is I want to see something good, become something great. My problem is there appears to be some resistance to change and there are a few basic functions that are missing... By basic I mean ALL commonly known developments have "X" feature, but Woltlab somehow is missing it (free and paid). For example, something simple such as ignore (just tossing that one out there).

There is also the 3rd party development to consider. I see a lot of request, but few releases in relation to those request... My message was overall (not just concerning the core development). I do not know what the motivation here is... ?( I, then someone else, offered $1,000 for an addon (I think that was an insane amount to be offering :rolleyes: ), but could not find anyone interested to develop the modification. Key word there is "interest". Usually the motivation is money. That doesn't seem to work here. 8| :S

I want to see Woltlab as a whole propel forward. I want to see the future, yesterday, and tomorrow things of awe and wonder. I want to see people here get excited and motivated and be creative. I want folks to not only think outside the box, but re-imagine the world.

Raise your expectation. Expect more. Want more.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Aslan (24. April 2015 um 01:58)

• ^ Continued... Because it's a different idea, but following the same concept...

I want Woltlab to show some pride and demo the gallery and calender here. At first glance if I was new here, I wouldn't know what either looks like and no, most folks will not go searching for a site that is using it. I want to see them also allow people to use the blogs here too.

Public Access - Blogs and Gallery

^It's why I made this suggestion.

Not displaying it here gives the impression that you're not standing by your product. And I know that isn't true, but that is how some folks end up seeing it. IP.Board displays a useable and fully functional blog, gallery, and calender

http://community.invisionpower.com/

I want Woltlab to target a wider audience. I know they're based in Germany, but I want them to be thinking the planet as their customer base.

Raise your expectation. Expect more. Want more.

• Random thought...

My message is not of someone who dislikes something. Rather it is from someone who loves something and wants to see it step out from being good or just great, but rather become outstanding.

Someone who knows the larger target audience is between the age of 18 - 30 and who wants to take on social media not just playing deference, but also offense.

• I don't know if it my own failure to communicate or something is being lost in translation, perhaps a cultural difference...

My comment was NOT meant as an attack on Woltlab, rather a call to arms for something I love. I think Woltlab is great, but I believe it can be greater still. And I would like to see that happen and for the community as a whole to aim for that.

I want people to get excited about Woltlab. I want folks to raise their expectation, expect more, want and demand more. Shoot for the stars and push the envelope.

All good things. :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!