Slider Size

• App
    WoltLab Suite Gallery

I think it would be a nice to have the option in the ACP to set the slider size. If this new version of Gallery works like the former for wbb 3.1.x, where you could place the slider in your homepage for example, having the ability to resize the slider would really make users' life easier. Of course, in the Gallery own page the slider could take more space.

Just my 0.2 cents

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von rafix73 (5. März 2014 um 02:02)

• I'm just wondering, but isn't there an option already in ACP for this? Since attachment thumbnail size or whatever can be adjusted in ACP settings, you'd think there would be a default size adjustment for Gallery landing page as well? If there isn't one, could one be implemented before release? TBH though, I'm not personally bothered by the current size, just was wondering. Also, is there a way to display more than one image on the landing page of gallery, like with the Blog, you can choose more than default amount?

• You can fully control the height and width using CSS, but keep in mind that you should preserve at least a 4:3 aspect ratio, otherwise the effect looks less awesome.

Yeah, but that's not really user and control friendly though lol. :P IMHO, something like a size controller should be default or built-in. Especially considering the amount of images allowed on landing page... Is that an option at least? Instead of having just one on landing page, allow for 5 to 10 images? If the size could be easily adjusted, one could have maybe 5 to 10 images displaying on the landing page instead of one huge one? Just my thoughts, opinions. :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yeah, but that's not really user and control friendly though lol. :P IMHO, something like a size controller should be default or built-in.

I disagree on this, the dimensions are pretty much related to the overall design width, therefore a style author can control the actual dimensions even in thinner designs. Furthermore it is responsive, once the screen width drops below a certain limit, the height is automatically decreased to maintain a proper aspect ratio.

Especially considering the amount of images allowed on landing page... Is that an option at least? Instead of having just one on landing page, allow for 5 to 10 images? If the size could be easily adjusted, one could have maybe 5 to 10 images displaying on the landing page instead of one huge one? Just my thoughts, opinions. :)

You can control the amount of images (default 5, minimum 2, maximum 10) and the categories from which the images are taken. For example we disallow images which are purely in the "Test" category from showing up there.

• I disagree on this, the dimensions are pretty much related to the overall design width, therefore a style author can control the actual dimensions even in thinner designs. Furthermore it is responsive, once the screen width drops below a certain limit, the height is automatically decreased to maintain a proper aspect ratio.

Well yeah, true and understandable I guess. I guess I was visualizing maybe, two images side by side, and maybe 4 to 6 more below those. Might help on load times as well, if they were smaller. If having 5 or more images on there and the images are huge sized, it would be a bit slow loading the landing page itself. But having like, 6 to 10 smaller images, two side by side each section or column, it shows a little more of what's in the gallery itself.

You can control the amount of images (default 5, minimum 2, maximum 10) and the categories from which the images are taken. For example we disallow images which are purely in the "Test" category from showing up there.

Okay, that's good then. :)

I kind of miss the whole personalization still, though. Each user having own galleries, and posting their own photos under their own accounts like deviantart.com and most other forum software. That's one thing I'll miss from 3.1.8 lol.

• Offizieller Beitrag

We didn't want to scatter the content area with images, there are already lots of images in the sidebar. Furthermore those tiny thumbnails show barely anything, whereas the new image box (let's call it this way), highlights an individual image. Since there are multiple images shown (even though not at once), I guess this is a rather good compromise :)

• We didn't want to scatter the content area with images, there are already lots of images in the sidebar. Furthermore those tiny thumbnails show barely anything, whereas the new image box (let's call it this way), highlights an individual image. Since there are multiple images shown (even though not at once), I guess this is a rather good compromise :)

ah okay, makes sense. :) ;) I just can't wait to get hands on it though, been waiting too long as is, a year (just to get bb4) plus (waiting on gallery to release) just to launch forums sigh lol. the gallery plugin is what i need most. xD

• once the screen width drops below a certain limit, the height is automatically decreased to maintain a proper aspect ratio.

keep in mind that you should preserve at least a 4:3 aspect ratio, otherwise the effect looks less awesome.

Yes, I noticed that the famous "image box" resizes dynamically and it does so very well. The only issue I have this is that it dynamically takes a lot of space on the page, while the old version, which could be set to static, allowed to see galleries of pictures by placing the slider in the homepage (or portal for instance) and leave plenty of space for other content and boxes. I'm not criticizing the need to compromise you mentioned above, it's just that I usually prefer have more control over box size and settings. I guess that once released I will tinker with CSS and try to set the "box" to a sensible size that will fit my homepage. I will remember about the ratio, thanks.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!