Trying to code this style :D

• Hi !

I just downloaded from WBB version 3.0.0 of the forum and i am going to redraw the graphics of my forums for the new version.
    This is what i came up with and I am trying to understand WHERE all the CSS for everything is (i know EXACTLY in 2.3.6 but now it's all new :D ).

I think i am going towards BIG problems as i will try and put transparent shadows in CSS and make them IE compatible...
    Ayone already used transparent PNG in IE with WBB3 and would like to share some knowledge?

THanx.

• Your Style looks really nice ;)

The wBB3 uses a 24bit to 8bit Convertion to get png-images with alpha-transparency working on IE6 without any special hacks. For this you need Fireworks, in this Program you can save png-images to 8bit with alpha-transparency.

There´s already a Tutorial how to optimize it (like in wBB3), but its in german: PNG8 Grafiken im IE6 gut aussehen lassen

"coding styles are like assholes, everybody has one, but nobody likes anyone elses"
    KEIN SUPPORT PER PN!

• Thanx !
    I will read that (maybe with an online translator).

But doesn't 8 bit alpha mean that you cannot do it with alpha gradients? Images slowly going from 100% opaque to 100% transparend in a gradient...

• Fireworks can do it with gradiant (alpha-transparency) for modern Webbrowsers (Safari 2/3, Firefox 1/2/3, Opera 8/9, IE7). Only if you viewing the png-image with IE6 you can´t see the half-transparency.

"coding styles are like assholes, everybody has one, but nobody likes anyone elses"
    KEIN SUPPORT PER PN!

• Little update.

Trying to slice it to see what to put in Flash and what to put in DIVs... not an easy task from now on :D

• Well of course, if anyone wants to help me coding this beast... that would be MORE than welcome :D

• Thanx, i will.

I will be coding it next week (between my day job and my girlfriend :D) and as soon as something is functioning I will post a link.

Still have to understand how all the templates work and WHERE to find the different parts to be changed.
    Is there any tutorial in ENGLISH on the template design?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!