How to make Calendar navigation link show and basics of calendar to guests.. but not allow them to add events and etc?

• I'm trying to get the Calendar to display to guests and normal users of course, like it is here... But for some reason, guests are able to create Events anyway? On here, the navigation menu link for Calendar and basics show up for guests.. but guests can't not make Events. How is this possible to allow only members to make events, and yet allow the Calendar navigation menu show up and basic calendar show up for guests?

• Did you attend the user group "Everyone"? You have to deny this group the permission to add events to the calendar.

Thanks for your reply Black Rider, I think so.. Usergroups > Everyone > Calendar > all disabled / no permissions. lol. I can't see anything though, regarding Events for the calender though either. I tried looking all over in usergroups and other areas in ACP about Events.. but didn't see anything referencing "Events" lol.

• Hello, i searched to, and i don't found a setting to desactivate the prmissions to create events for someone. You can only desactivate the calendar for groups.
    What is the version of your calendar plugin ?

Thanks for your reply and trying to help. :) Yeah, I tried finding a setting / permission for the Events and didn't see anything haha. It's weird though, because on here, you can view as GUEST.. and NOT SEE the button to "create an event". But on my test site/computer... I denied "Everyone" and "Guest" group permission to use Calendar.. and it totally "hides" the calendar itself. Not even navigation menu link shows up either. On here / this site... as GUEST.. you can VIEW navigation menu for Calendar.. AND view the Calendar too.. Just NOT option to create Events. That's what don't make sense lol.

I'm using latest version of Calendar for Burning Board 3.1.7. :)

I can suggest you to try this plugin : http://www.woltlab.net/paquets-burning-board/262-calendrier/

It's a free alternative for calendar, powerfull and.... you can set permissions to add comments and events ;)

It's a plugin by wbb-center ;)

Thanks! Will check that out.. :) Yeah, I kinda wanted to use the Official Burning Board plugin, since I paid for it and it will be automatically updated for Burning Board 4 later on.. Hehe. Maybe staff will help me here soon then. I'll check that plugin out you link me too though.. Thanks again for trying to help me.. :)

• I may be wrong but....I think I found the solution to what you are looking for....

As Admin, go to Edit Profile > management >Calendar (I use a different language, so I dont know exactly what you see as "Management")

Now, Edit the Calendar "Community" and in the section "Can Use Calendar" add the Group "Guests" and then edit its permissions so that they cannot add events

(I believe you also have to "Enable" calendar to the usergroup "Guests")

let me know if I am wrong

Regards

• YES!! You're awesome!! Thank you!! :) :D :D :D :D :D :D

First, I had to enable Sharing for ALL usergroups in ACP..

ACP > Usergroups > Administrator > Calendar > Can share calendars with > Usergroups > Specify which usergroups members of this group can share their calendars with. (check all boxes)
    Administrators
    Everyone
    Guests
    Moderators
    Registered users
    Super moderators

Second:
    Edit Profile > management >Calendar
    Edit the Calendar "Community" and in the section "Can Use Calendar" add the Group "Guests" and then edit its permissions so that they cannot add events.

Works! :) Thank you again!

• Glad I could be of help!

But this part

Zitat

First, I had to enable Sharing for ALL usergroups in ACP..

I dont understand the need to do this in order to edit the Calendar "Community"

Did u try without changing this setting?

• Glad I could be of help!

But this part

I dont understand the need to do this in order to edit the Calendar "Community"

Did u try without changing this setting?

Yeah, the "Guests" and Moderators and Super Moderators groups weren't added to Community Calendar, in order to ADD "Guests" to it, I had to enable sharing with that Guests group in ACP first, along with other usergroups for Moderators, Super Moderators, etc etc. THEN, under Edit Calender > management .. Guests appeared in drop menu to ADD them and control their permissions, as well as other usergroup permissions. :) By default, the "Everyone", "Administrator", "My Friends", and "Registered Users" groups were only there to edit. Hence having to check all groups in ACP for Administrator, so "Guests" and other groups were there to add also to edit permissions. :)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Smooey (28. März 2013 um 18:31)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!