Locked myself out of ACP T_T

• Hi, this might sound stupid but while deleting some spam users, I must have disabled admin rights for myself, now I cannot get into ACP with my admin account, it is not banned, I can still log into it in the forum and make threads, but the administration tab under my account is gone. I cannot find the admin rights in any SQL tables, can anyone help?

Thanks

• Hi,

Execute the following SQL-query:

SQL
    SELECT userID, groupID FROM wcf1_user_to_groups WHERE userID = 1

It shows you your user groups (if your account hasn't the userID "1" change it in the query above).

If the groupID 4 (admin group) is missing, add it.

SQL
    INSERT INTO wcf1_user_to_groups (userID, groupID) VALUES (1, 4)

Best regards

MfG

Fr33chen

• Great, thanks :D That is exactly what I needed, i did not know it was in wcf1_user_to_groups. Stupid mistake, well at least now I know. We're back in business, cheers!

• Hi can I ask one more thing, I am not sure how banning/ deleting users works. I mean if I ban or delete someone, does it also ban their IP address or can they just go ahead and make a new account? Is there a way to ban IP's? Thanks

• Hi,

Please open a new thread for the new question for the search engine, thank you.

If you ban oder delete an user account the IP is NOT banned, too. It doesn't make sense because the IP of most users change every day.

Best regards

MfG

Fr33chen