SEO plugin breaks all the internal links

• Hi, let me start off by saying that I am really amazed by this program, I started making my forum about a month ago and I have to say it can do pretty much anything I wanted my website to do. I was able to find pretty much everything on this support forum, except for this issue.

I made a big part of my forum, it is not launched yet because I need it to be 100% finished first. However, I decided to install SEO plugin AFTER I made the structure and design, because now I am staring to think about SEO and the final steps before it can be launched. But when I install the plugin, it breaks all the links, not just logo and main menu, which is no big deal, i can fix that, but also registration, user, terms of use, etc... just everything.

My question is, is there a way to fix this? Or is it even worth it? I mean is the benefit of this plugin noticeable? Of course I want to maximize my google visibility, but I would assume there are many ways to achieve this, what if I just keep the original format of the links? Or why isn't this plugin included in the installation, it never said it needs to be installed first before you start work on your forum.

Thanks for your help!

• Hi, thanks for the quick reply. It means if i turn on the plugin and go to the page, any hyperlink i click on, like register, terms of use, anything, it either shows page cannot be displayed or no input selected. It can be expected with logo and main menu links, as i created custom ones. But it is everything, cannot do anything on the forum. If you want i can send you the link.

Btw you created the creative 3D theme? I absolutely love it, i customized it a little and am very happy with it. The site is utoledolink.com it is a site for students of my university. Seo plugin is currently disabled

• Ok it is on. Only the homepage works, if i click anywhere, forums, categories, register etc, nothing works.

• Btw maybe it has something to do with the fact that i have a redirect on utoledolink.com, the forum is actually utoledolink.com/home. But even in acp if i click on Go to forum, it does not work. I would imagine the plugin should rewrite that url

• This sounds like your webserver does not support "mod_rewrite" which is required to get the SEO plugin to work. Please contact your hosting company to enable "mod_rewrite" for your webspace :)

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• Good call Alex, I am talking to them right now, hopefully they will get it fixed. I am with Fatcow btw, if anyone else encounters this problem. This is not the first time it was not really WBB-friendly, it also did not let me install the forum in the root directory, that's why I had to do the redirect workaround. Also, it kept deleting my tmp files during installation, which kept failing. Thanks. I actually have some more questions, I will start a new thread.