A few simple questions.

• Hello again:
    I have a few simple questions that I could not readily find answers for, but it would definitely help if I knew the answers.

• Does WBB come with a User/Administrator Guide in either printed, or electronic format? And if it's in an electronic format would it be in a printer friendly format?
    • I've noted that Thread Prefixes are used in some places on this board, so I assume I can can define my own lists of Thread Prefixes; can I make the use of a prefix mandatory and can I have multiple Thread Prefixes in single thread? By this I mean Multiple Drop down Lists (say 2 or 3) that the user must select from.
    • Is the forum search function customizable so that I could include drop down lists of Thread Prefixes?
    • Under a single purchase license am I allow to have a separate installation for testing and development purposes, other then the operating forum?
    • Is there a setting in the ACP that can toggle the forum between "On-line" and "Off-line."
    • If I decide to purchase, do I have to pay the 19% vat?

Well, that's all the questions I can think of for now, I'll probably come up with a few more later. :pinch:
    Thanks for your help.

• Hello again:
    I have a few simple questions that I could not readily find answers for, but it would definitely help if I knew the answers.

• Does WBB come with a User/Administrator Guide in either printed, or electronic format? And if it's in an electronic format would it be in a printer friendly format?

There is a readme, the administrator book is sadly german only.

• I've noted that Thread Prefixes are used in some places on this board, so I assume I can can define my own lists of Thread Prefixes; can I make the use of a prefix mandatory

yes.

• and can I have multiple Thread Prefixes in single thread?

no, not by default. it might be possible by plugin.

• Is the forum search function customizable so that I could include drop down lists of Thread Prefixes?

yes, you can easily write a plugin to customize the search function.

• Under a single purchase license am I allow to have a separate installation for testing and development purposes, other then the operating forum?

yes

• Is there a setting in the ACP that can toggle the forum between "On-line" and "Off-line."

yes

• If I decide to purchase, do I have to pay the 19% vat?

i don't believe so, but i can't say for sure. maybe you should open a thread in the pre purchase board.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• Wow!!!
    kifferkniffer, Netzwerg, you guys are great. Thanks for the prompt replies, if I did the same thing on vBulletin I'd be waiting for a week if I was lucky.
    Guess I should go to the pre-sales forum and ask about the User/Admin Manual (I know English is a Germanic language, but it's not that close :D ), maybe they have something in the works.
    Thanks again for your help guys, I appreciate it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

These are all questions which would have better fit into the "ask before buying"-forum-section, not in "off-topic". If you are unsure about any of the fore-mentioned questions, then post them again in the "ask before buying"-forum to get answers from us, or feel free to write an e-mail to woltlab@woltlab.com! Usually we do not look for questions like these in this off-topic forum since it is "for all stuff not related to WoltLab"! ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is the forum search function customizable so that I could include drop down lists of Thread Prefixes?

You currently cannot search for specific threads prefixes in general, but you can filter for a certain prefix within each forum, for example within How do I make X?.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!