Features from Previous Versions...

• Hello.. I am working on upgrading several message boards to 3.0 (from 2.3.6).

My client wants me to keep as much of the look and functionality of the older version as possible, while adding in the new features. So far, the biggest changes I've noticed are these...

- Word censoring... one thing my client and the board users have gotten used to is the old censoring fuction where you can replace one word with something else. In some cases, we replaced words with something funny.. in other cases, we replaced profanity with something else. This seems to be gone completely? Now, when I import my old posts into the new board - all of the profanity will be back and all of the silly words will be gone. This is horrible. Is there any way I can get this feature back? An add-on that I'm not seeing perhaps?

- Blocking IP address.. I know that this is not a fool proof way to keep spammers and trolls off of your board, but believe it or not, its actually worked remarkably well for me for the last 10 years. As far as I can tell, this is no longer a feature on the burning board? If so, that means suddenly a bunch of trolls and spammers will suddenly gain access to my board once again. Is there any way I can get this feature back?

• Is there any way I can get this feature back? An add-on that I'm not seeing perhaps?

There has been an addon for BB 3.x in the old plugin community but it has not been reuploaded into the plugin-store yet. It has been written by http://www.woltlab.com/forum/user/15323-oberster-hirte/. You might wanna ask him for the reupload. The BB 3.x function only allows complete blocking of censored words so it forbids the creation of messages containing the defined words or word parts.

Is there any way I can get this feature back?

This feature is part of Burning Board 3.1 but it's not in 3.0.